What do you need to bring to the DMV for a Real ID?
I'm sorry, I don't have information on What do you need to bring to the DMV for a Real ID?
Required documents for California REAL ID
To obtain a California REAL ID, you will need to provide certain documents to prove your identity, residency, and legal presence in the United States. The following are the required documents:
1. Proof of Identity:
- Valid U.S. passport or passport card
- Certified copy of birth certificate issued by a U.S. state, county, or city
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certificate of Naturalization issued by the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
2. Proof of Social Security Number:
- Social Security card
- W-2 form or paystub with full Social Security Number
3. Proof of California Residency:
- Rental or lease agreement
- Utility bill (gas, electric, water, cable, etc.) issued within the last two months
- Mortgage bill or rental payment receipt
4. Proof of Legal Presence:
- Valid U.S. passport or passport card
- Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Green Card)
- Employment Authorization Document (EAD) issued by USCIS
Please note that these are just some examples of the documents that can be used. The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) may require additional documents or variations depending on your specific situation.
It is recommended to visit the official California DMV website for the most up-to-date and comprehensive list of required documents for obtaining a REAL ID.
NC REAL ID Cost
The cost of obtaining a NC REAL ID varies depending on several factors. Here are some key points regarding NC REAL ID cost:
1. Standard Driver's License Renewal: The cost of renewing a standard driver's license in North Carolina is $40 for a five-year license.
2. REAL ID Upgrade Fee: If you choose to upgrade your standard driver's license to a NC REAL ID, there is an additional fee of $13. This fee is in addition to the standard renewal fee.
3. First-Time REAL ID Application: If you are applying for a NC REAL ID for the first time, the cost is $40 for a five-year license, plus the $13 REAL ID upgrade fee. Therefore, the total cost for a first-time NC REAL ID application is $53.
4. Enhanced Driver's License (EDL): North Carolina offers an Enhanced Driver's License, which can be used for both domestic air travel and crossing the border into Canada, Mexico, and some Caribbean countries. The cost of an EDL is $65 for a five-year license.
5. Additional Costs: It's important to note that these costs are subject to change and may not include any additional fees or taxes that may be applicable.
Please note that this information is provided as a general guide and may not include all possible scenarios or costs associated with obtaining a NC REAL ID. It is recommended to visit the official North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles website or contact them directly for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding NC REAL ID cost.
REAL ID Requirements in New Jersey
The REAL ID Act is a federal law that establishes minimum security standards for state-issued driver's licenses and identification cards. In New Jersey, to comply with REAL ID requirements, residents must provide certain documents when applying for a REAL ID-compliant driver's license or identification card.
Here are the key requirements for obtaining a REAL ID in New Jersey:
1. Proof of identity: You will need to present one primary document that verifies your full legal name, date of birth, and legal presence in the United States. Examples of acceptable documents include a valid U.S. passport or passport card, a certified birth certificate, or a permanent resident card.
2. Proof of Social Security Number: You must provide your Social Security Number (SSN) or a valid SSN card. Acceptable documents include your Social Security card, W-2 form, or a paystub with your full SSN.
3. Proof of address: You need to provide two documents that show your current New Jersey residential address. Acceptable documents include utility bills, bank statements, or a lease agreement.
4. Proof of legal name change (if applicable): If your current legal name is different from the name on your primary identity document, you must provide supporting documents, such as a marriage certificate or court order.
5. Payment: A fee is required to obtain a REAL ID in New Jersey. The exact amount can be found on the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) website.
To apply for a REAL ID in New Jersey, you will need to visit a New Jersey MVC agency in person. It's recommended to make an appointment beforehand to save time. Once you have all the required documents and have completed the application process, your REAL ID-compliant driver's license or identification card will be issued to you.
Remember that REAL ID requirements are necessary for certain federal purposes, such as entering federal buildings or boarding domestic flights. If you do not need to access these federal facilities, a standard New Jersey driver's license or identification card may still be sufficient for your needs.
For more detailed information and to ensure you have the most up-to-date requirements, please visit the official New Jersey MVC website.
Make sure to bring your current passport or birth certificate, your social security card or W-2 form, and two proofs of address such as utility bills or bank statements. Remember to also bring any marriage or name change documentation if applicable. Good luck with your Real ID application at the DMV!