Here you have all the information you are looking for about Texas Department of Public Safety Driver License Mega Center. It is located at the following address: 10810 Galveston Rd, Houston, TX 77034, United States, in the city of Houston.
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 7AM to 7PM
- Wednesday: 7AM to 7PM
- Thursday: 7AM to 7PM
- Friday: 7AM to 7PM
- Saturday: 7AM to 5:30PM
- Sunday: Closed
- Rodney Evans: Everything flowed smoothly and efficiently. The employees were very nice and professional. It actually made the need to go there efficient and a good experience. Social distancing was awesome!
- elliottjordan23: Make an early appointment to get in and out in a timely fashion. I cannot stress that enough. The earlier the better. ALSO…..Double check to make sure you have EVERYTHING you need for whatever you are attempting to do. You need EVERY …
- Catherene Armendariz: Hummm I’m in the parking lot waiting for my child. And I’ve witnessed a lot of employees just speeding through the parking lot. How do I know they’re employees? Well they’re parking in “employee only” parking. They may want their employees …
- AROD Rodriguez: We were pleasantly surprised. Employees were professional, kind and efficient . Excellent social distancing. This DMV facility is spacious, clean and plenty of parking spots. My sons agent was professional, kind and very informative. Ms. C. Holmes is amazing!!! Excellent service! I definitely recommend.
- Dejuan Brown: The lady that took care of me in booth 19 today I believe her name is Taylor hope I spelled it right lol I just want to say she is Gorgeous even with her mask on she’s beautiful, she was patient with me, I can go on and on about Ms Taylor. I told her she should be a school teacher
- Jnetsowet Inc: Very clean very nice workers and super fast easy check in fast checkout
- Freada Pool: Don’t miss one thing or they will not give you a driver license. I am a USA of Houston Texas citizen and I’m trying to do right by the law and they don’t want to give me a driver licences. Been to DPS 7 times still do not have a driver …
- Laurie Lichnerowicz: All I can say is WOW! This was the first time going to the Highway 3 new location of the TX DPS. They were fast and efficient. Even though there was a short line out front it was fast moving. They were asking you the pertinent questions …
- JTite2001: System down for foreign identification/ SAVE system so had to stay hours longer. 30 day documents requirement is not practical especially if you renewal insurance. It doesn’t make since if your insurance is good and less than 30 days due to …
- Steve Shipferling: It was good, but they were not clear on what to bring for a new id . Have to have birth certificate also
- Maria Irma Saiz: Very efficient and well-organized agency. I was able to get my license permit in 30 mins – that’s including the online test. The employees who assisted me were very fast 👍👍👍
- Josh Akinola: This is definitely the best DPS i have visited. Very orderly and efficient. The staffs are friendly and helpful from the door till you sit in front of an agent.
- Cinthya Trevino: One star for one word INCOMPETENCE, if you will still want to go to this location, be ready to deal with lots of incompetence, many times I just wonder how in the world these people got the job? Are some of the requirements for the job to be incompetent in addition to rude? If so, that explains a lot.
- Zia H.: It was better than expected. They are really busy and trying to keep everyone at a safe distance. All the people going there need to just relax. The staff was fine but most the customers had bad attitudes. Bring all your docs and get in line. Make your appointments online and expect to spent an hour there. Get there 30mins early
- Hastle Murray: Nothing but praise my experience was excellent. The staff was extremely patience everything that we needed they accommodate our wish. The young lady took own our problem as if it was hers or her elderly parents. Her name was Ms Jeridia …
- D. G.: Absolutely good intentions but, fall short immensely. If you show a medical card as proof of residency for a 18 year old student the dummies never say your address needs to be included. If you have a medical insurance card is your address …
- Dionne Daggett: I was dreading coming here today. This was the fastest I have ever finished @ the DMV! I made an appointment online & was seen within 20 of that time & was only there for an hr! Everyone there was polite, working as a team & very efficient. Definitely recommend this location 😊
- emma lanier: The new DPS facility is spacious with plenty of parking. Easy access from Highway 3. The line moved smoothly. Only snag was trying to meet the requirements for residency and understanding the affidavit. Employees were courteous and pleasant. Overall, not a bad experience.
- Willow: Went to get my first time permit. One lady wasn’t very accommodating, but she checked in with us occasionally from our seat outside the station. We had to check our documents with a lady at the front counter, and she said everything looked …
- David Roberts: Scheduled appointment for a Tuesday morning, wasn’t feeling it, rescheduled for Wednesday easily. Arrived, checked in online, was inside filling out the form in minutes, was helped (renewed tdl) and was on my way in less than an hour. So fast.
- Luke Lundberg: Very pleasant surprise! No one wants to go to the DMV or DPS. Scheduled my appointment online. Was ushered in very pleasantly with confidence that they were following COVID protocols very closely. Spoke with the supervisor manager Jackie …
- Elizabeth Norman: Not bad for waiting. I have an appointment at 9:40am, I stayed there 9:30am to check in for driver license. They processed around 30 minutes, I don’t know how people got lines outside but Friday might be much crowded!
- Anrique Torres: Not real busy had a appointment they didn’t stand by was there for a hour and a half past my appointment time asked for help some young women was rude and finally an other women came to us and did everything to help us out was very grateful for her thank you lady the dps really needs to work on their process
- Nicolas: Showed up at 5:10pm for a 5:40pm renewal. As soon as I checked in my number was called, and I was literally home at 6pm. Bravo and well done!! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
- S. H: Worst experience ever… I am a new expat in Houston and trying to do the RIGHT thing by applying for a TX DL instead of driving with my foreign DL , so I collected all the documents, did the ED, the IYTD (eventhough I am much older than …
- James D Chapman: Everyone was so nice and helpful my wife and I are seniors the employes were wonderful.
- Elizsa Houston: The overall experience of getting in an out was really good an quick, but the clerk there was very difficult. I had all my documents birthcirtficate social copy of lease, but she just kept asking for more proof of identity because my social …
- Idolina Calderon: Went there for DL renewal and was there for over 2hrs 30 minutes—– very disappointed — I thought that by having an appointment it would take less time. I just hope that they start making less appointment so that people can go in and …
- Bev Bry: I really like the appointment system. Got in and out in no time. Just hated how it took months to get appointment. Everyone provided excellent service!
- Bobbi Hedrick: Best DPS office to go to. I’m about to be 53 and I’ve been to most of the offices in and around the Houston and South Houston areas. They get you in on your appt time and as long as you bring the correct docs with you they get you out quick …
- Roje Hutchings: LaTaya Harris is one of amazing staff members at DPS I was very late to my appointment but she didn’t reschedule me she made me a new one on Thursday March 4,2021 my name os Roje Hutchings THANK YOU SO MUCH LaTaya Harris You saved my life!!!!😭😭😭😭😭😭😊😊😊😊😊
- Brian: I really appreciate the helpfulness and understanding of the staff here. There are a lot of particulars in the documents required for DL application and the staff was great in getting the job done. In real time they were willing to …
- Micah Duke: Made an online appointment and as checking in on phone number was called. Fast service….
- Broderick Matthews: They were very efficient and helpful. I’m a one legged amputee and they really was nice and went beyond their way to be helpful. Thank you all very much.
- Elizavet Talavera: Appointment was at 10am. They do advise you to arrive 30min before your appointment time to check in and fill out paperwork (if needed). Staff was friendly and helpful. Directing you in the right way depending on the purpose of your visit. I didn’t wait too long. I was out by 10:22am
- Gabriel Flores jr: Make sure you have all your documents for a state id 2 bills are needed birth certificate ssn and a school Is.also be sure you schedule an appointment to get out in less than 1 hour
- Stright Hook Fishing TV: Everyone was really nice… Excellent Social Distancing.. And I passed my Hazmat Test.. Thank Jesus..
- TBaby GangstaClassy: This visit was a breeze!!! I say “this visit” because this was our 3rd time here for a road test. The previous times we did not have this or that needed document. Word to the wise: bring your birth certificate, Verification of Enrollment, …
- alicia chiang: Chelsea was awesome felt crowded but we got out papers filled out quickly
- Pamela O’Neal: Very good experience…. Friendly staff … Got my driver’s license renewal done and was only there for about 20 minutes – start to finish
City Map Southbelt / Ellington
- Express Title Service, Mid-West, Houston
- Texas Department of Public Safety, La Marque, Texas
- Texas Department of Transportation, Humble, Texas
- The Texas Auto Title Company, Pheasant Run, Houston
- Department of Public Safety, Humble, Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety, Humble, Texas
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: Texas Department of Public Safety Driver License Mega Center
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in Houston where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Southbelt / Ellington you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state or city