Here you have all the information you are looking for about Texas Department of Public Safety Driver License Mega Center. It is located at the following address: 12220-A, S Gessner Rd, Houston, TX 77071, United States, in the city of Houston.
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 7:30AM to 6PM
- Thursday: 7:30AM to 6PM
- Friday: 7:30AM to 6PM
- Saturday: 7:30AM to 6PM
- Sunday: 7:30AM to 5PM
- Alan Abraham: I visited DPS since 4 years back to apply for my Learner’s and original Driving License. Some officers and employees are fabulous and great people to work and helped/assisted me. But, some of them are rude and need training to deliver …
- DooYouEvenLiftBro: Very inefficient. There’s no line and they wouldn’t let me in 30 mins early for my appointment
- Nicole Vargas: This was the closest location to me for a driver license renewal. I was able to make an appointment online the day before. My appointment was for 230, on a Wednesday and there was plenty of parking when I arrived. I checked in online before …
- Rene Godzwon: So helpful. I want to personally thank everyone. My appointment was for my disabled Aunt and everyone went above and beyond to help us. Although we were not able to get her id. You were so helpful in leading us in the direction to get it done. I hope this reaches your employees. Very pleasant. Thank you
- Ahmed Hashim: This is one of my best experiences! We did 2 renewals in 15 minutes If your papers are ready, application is correct there is literally 5 minutes wait time! Staff are very polite and educated Thank you guys, God Bless!
- Villa Villa: Hours show theyre open until 7pm but at 6:05pm they were closed with a sign outside that said APPOINTMENT ONLY. Sadly all appointments were for 2 months from today.
- Nicolas Patino: Made an appointment back in February and the earliest date possible was in April. Though the appointment was very spread out this method turned out to save a lot of time inside the office. As long as you make sure of having all of the right …
- Kristi Glover: The folks that work here are very rude and disrespectful. It is almost like they are waiting for you to “mess up” so they can tell you NO. I really wish they would be kind to others. They talk down to folks and truly don’t care about …
- JENNY LYNN & JESSE JAMES React: Excellent excellent excellent. Thank you MISS LARUNDA CALLOWAY FOR ALL YOUR KINDNESS, HELP. SHE IS AN ANGEL AND DESERVES A RAISE AND PAID VACATION. WAS AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
- Daniel Fwu: Good for driver license renewal. I was able to make an appointment online the day before. Went before 9am and it was pretty smooth. They had someone checking your temperature before going in and lots of employees inside to guide/help you …
- Candice Patterson: This place is filled with extremely helpful and attentive personnel. I was greeted by very kind individuals that needed to take my temperature and give me a wristband. They waited patiently as I searched my phone for my appointment verification. I highly recommend the Gessner location for your DPS needs!!
- Joshua Sultan: The staff was very polite and helpful. I appreciate how quickly everything went with the extra precautions in place.
- expired mayonnaise: Although the line may look long people come in and out quick. For first time people applying for and ID, make sure to bring 2 proof of residency, we had to come back because we only brought one. Make sure to have all your paperwork and don’t stress. Had a very pleasant experience with very nice people 🙂
- Ankit Sinha: This was one of the best visits I ever had for a DPS office. I reached there 3:30 and asked the gentlemen outside about scheduling appointment. He was very helpful and welcoming and gave me the website information and I was able to quickly …
- Monica Moore: In and out in about 10 to 15 minutes. I was there for a renewal. My license was still active (had not expired) I had an appointment on a Tuesday for 3:00 but you can show up no more than 30 minutes early. I showed up at 2:40 pm. The ladies …
- Aditi Joshi: Very nice experience and helpful staff. Really appreciate how well organized this location is… Online appointment works best.
- Raymon Jackson: I like there process I scheduled an appointment ,had all my paperwork. Took my written test and my picture and was asked if I wanted to take my driver’s test the same day. They got me in and out with reasonable time. Not an all day event . Keep the process 😊it works .
- Scorpio Arias: TLDR: super fast service, in and out in about 20 minutes. Made an appointment in October when my license and ID expired, and the soonest available appointment was Feb 11. I showed up 15 minutes earlier than my 9:30 a.m. appointment (my …
- John M: Going to Gessner mega center was a FANTASTIC experience for my Driver’s License renewal. Made an appointment day in advance. Got there 30 minutes early and checked in online sitting in parking lot. Walked in with about 1 minute wait at …
- A Johnson: Very easy to make an appointment. Clean, organized, searing spaced out well. In and out 30 min max.
- darrick jones: Slow and unprofessional. Most of the time rude to student drivers. People pay to much money to get a Cdl to be treated the way they get treated over there. I advise you not to even waste your time over there because they don’t care if you trying to better your life or not.
- U S: The staff outside was helpful both of them. One of them helped me schedule the appointment via text massage. Because I was not able to schedule online but I had to come in for first renewal.
- Tim JarheadtheForsaken Nealy: Great…went to the CDL office. The lady working the front entrance deck was nice and knowledgeable. Jumped right on my issue and pointed me in the right direction.
- Marisol Gutierrez: The ladies conducting the appointments are amazing and everything was fast went in and out approximately 30 minutes for the whole process…
- Joel Silverman: The process is way better now… Getting an appointment is way better than the chaos before… Hope it stays this way ..
- James Robinson: I was extremely pleased with how the employees were getting everyone in and out in an orderly fashion. Everyone was kind and pleasant. I hope they continue to keep this process even after the vaccine is administered and the Pandemic isn’t as dangerous. Its something that I think we should of already been doing.
- Charles Chiamonte: Very nice friendly completded my licence renewal very fast.. thanks 😊
- roosevelt webb: The staff was fast and efficient. Soon as I walked in someone asked how could they help. My transaction took 15 minutes from start to finish.
- Bannue Newsome: Who hired these women? Really? Who? Unprofessional at the highest level. Don’t come up here being courteous, it’s not understood by them.
- Michael Angelo: Very organize system the Texas Department of pvblic safety _ has going this times . i was ovt in less than one hovr –were as before it was a minimvm of 4 or 5 hovrs.
- Armando Argueta: Ladys a very nice but is best to pack a lunch make sure to bring all necessary paperwork other wise you make have to make a few trips
- Hilton Butchard: In and out in less than 30 minutes and the woman helping me was very nice and quick.
- Harry Feingersh: Fastest trip to the Gessner Megacenter ever!! Book appointment online. Was in and out in under 20 mins. A+
- Jocelyn Cummons: Do not ever go here for a Bus Driving Test/CDL! I’m coming on here wanting to say that I passed my bus driving test with flying colors for the 2nd time but NOT HERE! Go to the one in Livingston! I had a little short white lady with …
- Jim Brooks: They were very efficient in moving people through the process. If you can pre-fill the form they have you complete upon arrival it would be an easy process. You must have an appointment to get in the building. You can call or go online to …
- antonio perkins: Overall my experience was good. Typical waiting period if you go around 11. Best time to get an appointment is a early spot.
- M Bilal Zafar: Best experience so far at the DMV. They have improved their operations a lot during the pandemic
- Devin Piccardo: It was great! Had a blast here! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The hour I was there went by in a flash. Definitely looking forward to my next visit!
- Mai Hoang: I had to come here today (Tuesday) to get my license renewed in person. So I made my appointment online and arrived 30 min prior to my appointment time as instructed. I was definitely dreading the lines & wait. But to my surprise it was …
- Kelli Ringler: We had a little hiccup and they went above and beyond to make sure my daughter got her license as scheduled! What a great group of people!
City Map Southwest Houston
- Fort Bend Vehicle Registration, Richmond, Texas
- Express Title Service, Mid-West, Houston
- Texas Department of Transportation, Humble, Texas
- The Texas Auto Title Company, Pheasant Run, Houston
- Rosenberg Dmv, Rosenberg, Texas
- Department of Public Safety, Humble, Texas
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: Texas Department of Public Safety Driver License Mega Center
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in Houston where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Southwest Houston you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state or city