Here you have all the information you are looking for about County of Hawai‘i Vehicle Registration & Licensing. It is located at the following address: 101 Pauahi St #5th, Hilo, HI 96720, United States, in the city of Hawaii.
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 8AM to 4PM
- Thursday: 8AM to 4PM
- Friday: 8AM to 4PM
- Saturday: 8AM to 4PM
- Sunday: 8AM to 4PM
- Lola Dee: No one answers the phone and clerks complain about how the phone still rings when they’re on the line…Then hire a customer service rep. or something to help out with phones!
- Reynaldo Arcellana: If I could rate zero stars I would. Terrible system they have going on, you’d think it’s the year 2021 and you’d be able to be on hold for the next available representative. But no you gotta make sure the DMV gods is on your side and you …
- Anne Boggs: Not too bad of an experience but do be prepared you do have to have an appointment to have title transfer. And it’s usually about a month out for appointments so be prepared
- BlackDragon16.: Terrible experience wouldn’t recommend going here at all. If you don’t have everything 100% exactly perfect, they will not help you. Nobody there is helpful for road test or written test information.. When I continued to try to find an …
- CharlieBrew Too: The best experience I have ever had at a DMV. Three minutes is all it took and a lot less cost than I expected. Amazing work these folks are doing.
- Kyle Rodrigues: Lady at the door was really rude and no care to help if she’s was unhappy find a new job
- cheryl church: The guard was nice but because of covid concerns, you need to make an appointment unless you are just renewing your registration. The kiosk next door was fantastic for renewals.
- Jaime Guapo: Awesome! Even with covid-19 measures. Not bad I waited probably around 30 minutes. Social distancing was practiced. Everyone was nice and polite.
- Russell Bemiller: Show up at 3:30 no one there’s waiting, no one showing for appointments and was turned away, told I had to make appointments
- Aaron Chui: Appointment system works very efficiently. Safe, clean, friendly environment.
- Kehau Kalauli: During this pandemic, I was expecting things to be more chaotic and less organized. But it was better than expected and offices that are preparing for this to be the “new norm” should always be given a “thumbs up!” So THUMBS UP – Hilo DMV.
- Dean Cline: They were very helpful and sympathetic and I was really impressed at the speed where’s which they took care of my registration
- Justin Hatecke: The new people working counters are very nice now.
- Cassie Yniguez: I ordered and paid for a custom license plate from this office a YEAR ago today and every single time I’ve tried to call in the past year they NEVER answer. Not like I can just walk into the office either cause I now live on Oahu..
- Kaiolu Spangler: Been waiting on the sticker for my car for over two months. I call the office weekly and leave a message following instructions and no one calls me back
- Wendy J: Good good. Usually Aloha, customers have anger when regulations have to be follwed and not customized for them. You aloha, they aloha. Easy.
- Blake Parker: Like every other DMV known to man….SLOW!
- Hugo Gerhardt: Ok
- Qian Andy: Nice, friendly service!
- Galen Lutz: Fine for people who live on the Big Island all the time. I had my wallet and license stolen on a train in Vienna. Getting a much needed duplicate has been a bureaucratic nightmare. I called the department and was told a list of things I …
- Bella Theboxer: Registered my truck that I bought brand new from the mainland in February 2018. The DMV gave me a registration to only October 2018 because the truck was sold on November 2017 in Idaho. The truck was NOT in the state in till January 2018. …
- Bratty CC: Very quick. No lines. Helpful staff
- PK Soares Mercado: Excellent job
- michele Macdonald: Expensive
- Megan Isaac: “We are experiencing a very high call volume.” Really? This is Hilo! and ? You are going to return my call the NEXT business day ? How about letting people hold for the next operator…? How about picking up the phone?
- Jason Santos: They never answer the phone and if you hit a different number in directory it takes you to Courthouse or Safety Inspection but not the DMV!!!
- Cleighton Uchima: What’s the point of having a phone number if you never answer?
- Philip Tait: Friendly and helpful
- Victoria Ostrovsky: This DMV never has a line when I go there and I am able to take care of my business quickly.
- Larry Saltzman: Purchased a new vehicle when set the plates they only license the car for approximately eight months instead of the year they should have. I’ve called over 6 times they say they will call you back by the next day ,they do not. I’ve called …
- Ashley Z: So incredibly rude. Being given attitude for asking questions and no help at all.
- Rocky Martinez: HORRIBLE !!!!!!!!!!! IT HAS BEEN 3 MONTHS AND STILL CANNOT GET A LIVE PERSON….
- Leo Christian: Walked in and 2 minutes later walked out with my new registration. Fast!
- richard hanson: Four hour wait to renew a drivers license. I can’t get through on the phone with a question about license plates unbelievable
- Leroy Vierra: Great!!!!!
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: County of Hawai‘i Vehicle Registration & Licensing
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in Hawaii where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Hilo you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state