Here you have all the information you are looking for about Drivers License Office. It is located at the following address: 1033 Smyre Farm Rd, Newton, NC 28658, United States, in the city of North Carolina.
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 8AM to 5PM
- Thursday: 8AM to 5PM
- Friday: 8AM to 5PM
- Saturday: 8AM to 5PM
- Sunday: 8AM to 5PM
- Michael Perry: This place is always good. But with the current pandemic, they’re still doing good. Keeping everyone safe, distanced, and taking care of business.
- Pk Her: The lady that checked us in today was extremely rude (she sits in the 3rd window). This is my son’s second time attempting his permit and he was very nervous. The lady gave us misinformation to begin with, we told her we were able to have …
- Kevin Xiong: Extremely rude folks. 1 guy and 2 ladies working and the guy said I don’t listen. 1 of the lady with black and blue hair is extremely disrespectful and rude. I had the guy and I understand the cautious of COVID but at least give people …
- Laura Eagle: The wait outside was miserably cold BUT once inside the gentleman who helped me was awesome. It was nice to have an appointment instead of the long lines. Appointments are the way to go!!
- Jay: I live about an hour and a half away. Appointments had been hard to find where I live so a friend suggested coming out here. I’ve gotta say this DMV license office in Newton was probably one of my best experiences at a DMV office ever and …
- Caleb Hedrick: I had a great time, i went to take my permit test and it was my first dmv experience ever. I expected the experience to be awful just based on what I heard about dmv’s but it was great. Once I got in there the 3 employees that were there …
- Barefoot1: License renewals are by appointment only now, due to covid. Calls to their local offices give busy signal.. drove to local office to see what was up. Found sign on the door to website to make appointments. I find it funny that as long as I was there, (20 min?) no body else was there. Make appointment on line about a month early
- Nathan Foster: Made appointment on line everything went well not to long of a wait they are taking appropriate precautions because of covid nice to see they can continue service as safe as possible during these times
- Jessica Blackwelder: My daughter got her permit, said the staff was nice and she was in and out quickly!
- Aish Alian: Very professional. Very direct. There is significant implementation of anti covid protocol. Service was accomplished in an appropriate amount of time.
- crystal Beach: I was in and out I just needed them to check on my classic car the man was very nice
- sam h: went to the dmv to renew my license. waited in line even with an appointment for 45 minutes. dmv employee refused to wear a mask stating a medical condition, was rude about the interaction. wish i could give 0 stars
- Madison Mace: WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! I wish I could pick ZERO stars. The staff was unmotivated to get you out of there and would be playing on their personal cellphones. I waited 2 hours with an appointment while they were took other people with later times in front of me. I would NOT recommend going to this DMV.
- Tia Kennedy: Very quick. Very polite staff
- Eyes On Video: The Newton DMV office is closed and there are no available appointments within 100 miles of here. Not sure what citizens are supposed to do to stay in compliance with the law if they don’t open some of these offices back up. Today is August 6, 2020
- Violet Minx: The experience was so good at this dmv. Never a long wait. Very courteous staff. Renewing a license here is always a pleasant experience.
- Jack Stuber: It sucked like everything else in NC.
- T Johnson: Slow because of pandemic but accomdating to help the people.
- Paula Gilbert: I didn’t go there today
- AirForce_Rob: Attempted to call 12 different times to inquire about basic information on a title change and what I’d needed so I didn’t have to drive back and forth wasting their and my time but the line remained busy all day long from am-pm. Maybe it’s …
- Shirley Clark: It was great
- Mary Sue: Not a place where the employees are open to help people. Hickory is the place to go.
- Gina Krost: Aweful, heavy smell of cigarette smoke. Long line. Understaffed. Rude staff. Woman with crying child was told to take her kid outside. Is that even legal?
- GRASS GUY: Arrived at 9am on 7/16/19. I needed to renew my license. I walked out at 9:15am. The young lady who helped me was very polite and pleasent. Best DMV experience ever.
- Jackie Maxwell: Pleased to provide a 5 star rating based on my experience today. I brought my son here for his drivers license road test and we were met with friendly helpful staff who assisted us in every way to meet our needs. They were knowledgeable, …
- Lildrome Punch: I thank my prayers for this place not because I like it but because the one in hickory won’t help you even if your the first person in the door with reservations at least this one will doesn’t have the audacity to turn me away after waiting got 2 hours because of “system errors” Or over filling. Thank god but it’s still a DMV so 3 stars.
- Andre Przybyla: I was concerned while reading all the reviews. But I had a very nice operator and it took only ten minutes on a Friday afternoon to renew my license. Especially when you’re german and show up with a passport!
- Wyatt Cossich: Had one decent person during the three times I visited here, always understaffed and take about a year to see you. Nobody here is friendly, honestly think they might be suicidal but I hope they change employee’s sometime soon they need it.
- Karen Ikerd: I went to renew my drivers license this morning. The reviews made me worry a little, but my experience was great. Everyone was friendly and helpful, it only took about 30 minutes to take care of what I needed and I was on my way home.
- Richard Irwin: I’ve heard there are more fully staffed places that take less time, but they are doing their job here, and have been courteous. I mean it’s the dmv not McDonald’s. It’s going to take a while bring a book or a battery back up lol.
- Michelle Wooten: How many years has the DMV been open? Because they never have more than 2 people working with a room full of people and terrible attitudes. It’s like their first rodeo every day.
- Luther Ray: THESE PLACE IS GREAT! TRUMP MUST HAVE GOTTEN TO THEM! CHECK, THEY ARE GREAT, NOW WHAT IS NEXT?..THE V.A. POSSIBLY?
- brenda stokely: I called in to ask a question and the lady was rude said she had a customer and hung up on me. Now line is busy.
- Ka Vang: Third time…. Went in for permit test for my daughter. No one was at the computers yet I was told I’d have a three hour wait…. something wrong here. Let’s categorize and have the people work on specific issues; driver’s permit, driver’s test, identification. It’s not that hard!
- chohan33: Second in line at 8:00 a.m. for my license renewal. Treated very well and back out the door by 8:14. Cheers
- Wesley Rogers: I know many complain about the dmv because of the process but this is about the staff. Some are extremely rude and inconsiderate. They roll thier eyes huff and puff for no reason and are disrespectful much like the lady working station 3 today. I know that it’s not an easy job bit with that being said be nice.
- Joey Tam: Very helpful staff. He even indicated that in 2020 you will need a star on your license in order to fly. We waited about 5 min to get a number, then another 5 min to be seen. My son took his test and we were out of there in 30 min. This was a Wednesday 1pm in Jun, so your time could vary.
- Chris Miller: Arrived at 7:55am and was 8th in line. They open at 8am. It is now 9:47 and they have called 4 people. That’s right. 4. In 1 hour and 45 minutes. Snails are moving faster outside on the sidewalk. The weeds are growing faster than these dmv employees are working. Ridiculous!
- Alexis González Valentín: They are lazy, always short-staffed and then make appointments to pass on to you what they cannot do because they are short-staffed.
- Fatima Zniber: I’ve been to Hickory and Taylorsville centers and have been treated well, even under lengthy wait times. However, the Newton location is the most unorganized and has the rudest employees I’ve ever experienced. I understand the state keeps …
- North Carolina DMV, Huntersville, North Carolina
- North Carolina DMV Drivers License Office, Gastonia, North Carolina
- NCDOT DMV Driver License Office, Mooresville, North Carolina
- Motor Vehicles Department, Conover, North Carolina
- Drivers License Office, Hudson, North Carolina
- Lenoir License Plate Agency, Lenoir, North Carolina
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: Drivers License Office
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in North Carolina where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Newton you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state