Here you have all the information you are looking for about North Carolina License plate agency. It is located at the following address: 901 US-321 #100, Hickory, NC 28601, United States, in the city of North Carolina.
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 9AM to 5PM
- Thursday: 9AM to 5PM
- Friday: 9AM to 5PM
- Saturday: 9AM to 5PM
- Sunday: 9AM to 5PM
- Zach Setzer: Amazing experience! I’ve always been told the tag office is terrible but this place was amazing! I was in and out in about 2 minutes. Everyone is so nice as well! Very helpful!
- Tim Thompson: They are at least 2 nice ladies that work there, the rest of them are rude & mean, and make you come back multiple times even after one tells what to bring and then change their minds on your next trip there. They don’t miss there breaks or …
- Joe Cook: I’ve been to this tag office a few times now, usually on my lunch break because I work 9-5. I went yesterday on lunch break and the line was backed up out of the doors. I was dreading standing in line but they were moving pretty quick. I …
- Jason Green: Call before you go. They will close if the weather is a little cloudy.
- Mike C: always fast in and out service for me very professional
- Amy Williams: Called multiple times the last few weeks, no answer. Went Friday, closed. Waited in line for an hour, got horrible service.
- Daniel Macmaster: Don’t bother going if COVID-19 is still happening. You will be welcomed by a crude hand drawn sign stating that they are closed due to lack of employees, and directed to other DMVs that also won’t answer the phone. I had to suggest an edit …
- Joseph Seechang: I had a good experience at this location. Fast moving lines. Great staff.
- Rebecca Peoples: Older blonde lady behind the desk extremely rude. Talking to everyone like their stupid. I really don’t appreciate being like a kindergartener,I’m a ADULT
- Seth Howard: Awful service and really slow. If you dont know which line to get in, prepare to stand in line for 45 minutes and then be told you need to be in the other line.
- Jana Sheehan: If you bring a leased car from out of state, you will need an “original” Power of Attorney. One lady did not tell me that and told me to have the Lease place fax to their office and even gave me their fax number. The day before we wanted to …
- Chevy IROC: Apparently to be employed here, #1 you must be rude, #2 you must hate your job, #3 you must be rude. Oh did I repeat being rude?
- Kevin McLean: Went in for title work on a Friday at 9:30. Was in an out in less than 10 minutes. There is two lines, One for title work, the other for everything else. The registration line was backed up, but title work line was 4 deep. For title work I definitely recommend it.
- Phyllis Lackey: Every time I go into this office it’s a hassle. They never tell you everything you need to know and are very hateful and hard to deal with. I usually end up having to go to a different office and get what I need accomplished correctly and in one trip. They must have poor training for their employees.
- Josh Sternfield: To the people that 1Star rated this… you must not have had all of your paperwork, because I went on a Monday to do an out of state title transfer; and even though the line wrapped around the front waiting room; as long as everyone was …
- Jake Inkyourwholebody: Everything was great but their parking lot sucks I could barely get my truck in and out of there
- Deborah K Schowalter: I waiting in line for over 30 minutes to be told I had to call SC DMV to have the title entered into the NMVTIS system since it was an older title. I called SC DMV and they said the title was already in the system. The woman NEVER EVEN LOOKED IT UP!!!
- Amanda M: The employees are always rude every time I’ve had to go here. Act like they hate their jobs. Call to ask a simple question in order to be prepared when I have the time to come in, and was told “I’m not sure come wait in line like everybody else”
- John Shirreffs: They perform their service. Rarely smiles or niceties, just competent service. Sometimes it can feel like you are a burden to them-but it’s just business.
- WW4DX WW4DX: Typical for most NC plate agencys. No smiles. Usually rude.
- Chao Vang: Awesome place. The ladies there are great at helping you
- Beka Cobb: Very helpful, I will Glady drive out of my way to go to this DMV! Recommend over the others in the area.
- liberty Wolf: Great place long lines, courtesy service.
- SD Bolen: Way too expensive
- Joe Hamrick: Lines move very fast people are very helpful
- brian kerzner: Not very often you can say a government office is both pleasant and fast.
- Tiffanie Tagner: Wow! Walked in at 12:03, walked out at 12:05. Friendly and professional. Thank you!
- H K: Almost always quick in and out.
- ALEX Blanco: Bad service took an hour in line just waiting
- Christine Pulgo: good
- aryn ack: I moved from another state so needed a new title and plate. I printed and filled out the title app from their website, handed over that, the title, my license and insurance. I had to sign one form, pay $5 in cash for the notary, and the …
- Nc Motor Vehicle Division, Wilkesboro, North Carolina
- Motor Vehicles Department, Conover, North Carolina
- Drivers License Office, Hudson, North Carolina
- Lenoir License Plate Agency, Lenoir, North Carolina
- Drivers License Office, Lincolnton, North Carolina
- Driver License Bureau, Morganton, North Carolina
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: North Carolina License plate agency
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in North Carolina where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Hickory you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state