Here you have all the information you are looking for about Drivers License Division. It is located at the following address: 301 Cranberry St, Newland, NC 28657, United States, in the city of North Carolina.
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: Closed
- Friday: 8:30AM to 4PM
- Saturday: 8:30AM to 4PM
- Sunday: 8:30AM to 4PM
- chuck clark: Always polite and very accommodating !!
- Barry Cook: Officer Shuford is great. Nice to know there is still a place where you can relax, enjoy some small talk and leave feeling that government agencies have actual humans working there. Keep up the good work in Avery County.
- Vicki Messner: I got my license renewed, so very pleasant only one man working so expect a bit of a wait ,but the experience was an easy and painless. The man that waited on me must not have been working there when the negative reviews were posted
- Mary Olson: The 2 ladies that where there are so nice. I went in extremely frustrated, waited 45 minutes, they apologized for the wait, took great care for me and my problem in less than 10 minutes. Even with the wait because of the staff I will always use this office instead of Boone.
- Leann: Terrible office. They’ll allow you to wait multiple hours then proceed to tell you they can’t get you in. This has happened to me three separate times now and they won’t take appointments. Go to Boone if you can.
- Ted: Hilarious encounter with Barney Fife! I called to inquire about registering my vehicles in this county (thinking the funds would be welcomed) and the DMV process. The man told me he had no idea what I needed to do! Guess he doesn’t live here or own a car. LOL. Fine with me…I’ll give the revenue to Mecklenburg County.
- Sugar Greenwood: The gentleman I dealt with was kind and nice to speak with. This was the most pleasant DMV visit I have ever had.
- Ashton Kacsmaryk: Waited over an hour without any new people entering the office. 4 people ahead of probably would have taken the DMV several hours to get to us going at that rate. Having one person work the office to get a new license is one of the dumbest …
- Dale Young: Very curtious
- B Carnett: There a joke, terrible waste of our taxpayer money, like most gov offices! They could care less about helping the people they serve, they act like your annoying them for asking them to do anything except show up for there check!
- sam may: Terrible service: personnel, hrs and days open. waited 45 minutes while the only staff member chatted about non DMV business before closed the office.
- Lenoir License Plate Agency, Lenoir, North Carolina
- N.C. Drivers License Office, Boone, North Carolina
- License Plate Agency, Burnsville, North Carolina
- DMV Elizabethton, Elizabethton, Tennessee
- Driver License Bureau, Morganton, North Carolina
- License Plate Agency, Boone, North Carolina
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: Drivers License Division
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in North Carolina where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Newland you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state