Here you have all the information you are looking for about Safety Department-Drivers License. It is located at the following address: 114 W Christi Dr, Dickson, TN 37055, United States, in the city of Tennessee.
- Monday: 8:30AM to 5PM
- Tuesday: 8:30AM to 5PM
- Wednesday: 8:30AM to 5PM
- Thursday: 8:30AM to 5PM
- Friday: 8:30AM to 5PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
- marlyce m: This center is the very best!!!! The customer service here is exceptional! They do everything they can to make the process go as fast as they can and they are super friendly!!! I cannot say enough good things about this staff! From the door …
- Jennilea Beem: Employees are friendly and patiently answered all my questions, even when I got annoyed with the system. They are organized with getting people screened for COVID and safely into the waiting room, or will have you wait in your car and call …
- Jennifer Duncan: I was needing to transfer my Virginia license over to a Tennessee one and the transition was smooth from beginning to end. The gentleman that assisted me with this process was very helpful and kind.
- Veronica Adair: Best to do an appointment online first – as it makes the process go faster. Due to the virus – they will need to do a check of temp and all before you go in – so show up early. Chairs in the waiting area are limited due to the virus, so …
- Joshua Rivera: Just moved to Tennessee, made an appointment online, showed up 15 mins prior to my appointment just like the email said to do. My fiancé and I both got our new drivers licenses/ real ID’s and were in and out in about an hour. Kinda small …
- noel alexis Perez: Very friendly, fast and they took their time to explain information for your needs.
- Jeff Bell: My wife and I went to get our Real IDs. We both made appointments 3 weeks ago. Greeted at the door by a polite gentleman who checks your temp, asks a few questions and directs you to the next step. Waited only a couple minutes. The desk …
- Kaydie Paschall: COVID restrictions we inconvenient as they are everywhere, but the people who greeted and worked with me were patient, professional, and extremely helpful. I get extremely anxious in certain social situations and the person who helped me made the challenge much easier. One of the best DMV experiences I have had.
- George Oxley: Waited outside in the freezing wind for over 20 minutes. 3 people have left and no one has come to door to let anyone in.
- Tiffany Denter Vanover: The people that work there are so sweet. There was a little bit of a wait time, but I feel like that is expected.
- Kittyrevelution: There’s good people working there. If you want to get done with your business quick show up 30 minutes early it shouldn’t take you more than an hour. That was my experience.
- Colton Rhea: 8-20-20 I got here at 8:24am to a long line of people waiting outside. I just came to get my license reissued after the state revoked them for no reason. Everybody in here is really nice and will take care of what you need quickly, as long as you have the right paperwork. I was out by 9:10am! Shortest trip to the dmv ever.
- Mike Bradley: Efficient and friendly workers. Went in to get my and my wife’s Real ID’s. We had appointments and it took 30-40 minutes. Everyone wore masks and kept their distance. Thanks to them for their help.
- Cassandra Wright: Staff is nicer here than most locations I have visited in middle Tennessee.
- Abigail Marie: Just had a great experience today getting my driver’s license. A big thank you to Scott for my road test. He was very nice.
- Aimee S.: If you want some uncalled for attitude, then this is the place for you. I think in order to work at this DMV you must be incredibly rude by nature. I just needed my real ID and the lady had no idea that you can substitute documents. I had …
- Nathan-n-April Harrington: They have got the covid distancing covered on all bases. Pretty quick by getting me in and out.
- Jack ShadowBlades: They obviously don’t think answering the phone is a part of their job.
- Mark S.: Phone call placed on hold. 23 minutes and counting.
- Sharon Henderson: It was great! Had 2 pm appointment got right in and out in 20 minutes!!
- Paula Priester: So much better today now that they have a person taking temps and expediting the checking in process at a kiosk. Much smoother!!
- Chelsea Bellar: Best dmv experience I’ve had
- Rose Isaacs: Great people work at the DMV – thank you for all your help.
- xd- bryson: To be honest it’s a miserable experience whether it be and long wait or an uncomfortable seat for multiple hours. I waited 3 hours my first visit and 2 the next. I’ve learned that the best time to be there is before they close. Whilst …
- carolyn carr: I had a three hour wait. You can renew on the kiosks but can use credit or debit card. Cash payment gets you a waiting period. Wonderful employes, very nice!
- Eric S: Coming from a series of big cities, this was the most pleasant experience I have ever had with any DMV. The staff was polite and friendly, as well as efficient. I spent less than an hour getting my first TN license and registering to vote.
- Rennie L. Dotson: Great service and kind employees
- Josh Elam: It can take some time if you show up in the middle of the day. Just be kind and patient and remember the staff deals with peoples problems all day, everyday. I try to arrive well before opening so I can get in and out before they get …
- Tim Springer: When there to change the address on my license and get a new one issued. I am aware given the fear of Covid that the way we have to do business has changed, but I told them what I needed to have done and they assigned me a number and took …
- Christopher Brown: Day 1: arrived at approx. 1pm. Before having to leave at 4 for work, watched total of 7 (in 3 hrs) citizens with my same letter designated callout be served. Day two: 45 min wait before being called. With state ID stowed in wallet, walked …
- Red Beard: 3 hours to get my picture taken. It literally took 5 minutes to do what I needed done. You may think “ oh this guy probably went when it was super busy” NOPE! 7 people in the lobby with 4 employees. Why did it take 3 hours!!!!!!
- Gaby Blackburn: Very nice and didn’t have appt and onky took an hour
- Renea Horner: Very understaffed for this location. Customer service was ok but understandable because of the lack of help. Need more employees. Need someone to greet you as you come in and make sure you have everything you need for the Real ID before …
- Warren Duncan: Great service and easy to work with, in and out within an hour while using their kiosk.
- Lando Calrissiano: Was there about an hour to get a renewed license even with COVID protocol. Wait outside the door… next to the cone that has the same message and they’ll take your temperature and go from there. Kiosk doesn’t give you a placement number – they call your name.
- Steven Merrill: Awesome experience very courteous and professional
- Jeretha Young: I drove over from Franklin to Dixon this morning (Thursday, 9/19/19) to renew my driver’s license which expires next month and to get the Real ID. I heard Dixon’s station was better than Franklin’s. I had my birth certificate, my social …
- Ashley Marie: Been waiting 3 hours just to get my license re-issued. Still having to wait in my vehicle to be called back into the DMV. If I could give them a zero I would.
- Ernest Helmuth: Had an appointment, very thorough and fast
- Cara Baker: Making an appointment helps! We were in & out for a written test in 30 mins!
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: Safety Department-Drivers License
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in Tennessee where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Dickson you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state