Here you have all the information you are looking for about Texas Department of Public Safety. It is located at the following address: 4545 Dacoma St, Houston, TX 77092, United States, in the city of Houston.
- Monday: 8AM to 5PM
- Tuesday: 8AM to 6PM
- Wednesday: 8AM to 5PM
- Thursday: 8AM to 5PM
- Friday: 8AM to 5PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
- William Sexton: This place is a lot different from the last time I was there. Covid-19 mellowed everyone out. It was calm and stress free. All the employees I came in contact with were polite and professional.
- Stephanie Marchena: I’ve been trying to book my online in-line and the service was not available. They did not have any appointments for after 2:45 PM. Mind you I came to work early to get out at 3PM. After 11 AM when they last offered 2:45 the service was no …
- Vanessa C: Very efficient set up. In and out quickly. When you get in line to check in, use the text message to check in. Don’t check in early or while you are outside or they will call your number inside and skip over you.
- Skip Mercier: I never thought it possible but renewing my driver’s license recently was the best experience ever, from online appointment scheduling to streamlined processing. I was in and out in 20 minutes. I guess I should thank COVID.
- Greg Molick: It’s not as bad as you’d think. The employees are polite and helpful. I got here at 10am on a Monday and the wait is not terrible. I may have just got lucky because I’ve definitely been here before when the line was out the door. The line was only like 5 ppl deep when I came in at 10am.
- leila: My experience at this center was really good! I had originally planned on spending half a day or so there, but it literally took me less than 15 minutes including the waiting time. I went there on a weekday morning to renew my DL. There was …
- roro sss: I wanted to change address and renew my license. I booked appointment online was very easy went there on my appointment time did not have to wait not even for second was directed where to go the lady helped me very very sweet, kind, and …
- Lisa Blackwell: I was dreading having to renew my DL during a pandemic, but I showed up 20 minutes early with my paperwork already filled out and more than enough documentation of my identity, and I was out of the building five minutes before my …
- Bruce Sorge: Tried to get license renewed. Must do it in person. Website says you can use existing DL as Verified ID for renewal. Get there and am told must have original birth certificate or passport. Waste of a day off.
- Jeff Griffin: I could not imagine giving DPS 5 stars. I had an appointment at 2:20 got their little bit early and was out in 10 minutes I left at 2:23 Everybody was friendly and it was a pleasant experience. I was in for an address change and licence renewal
- Stephanie S: This office was a pleasure to visit. They were very efficient with my appointment and I noticed them sanitizing everything including chairs, clipboards and pens. It’s attention to detail like this that keeps people safe. Keep up the good work!
- Hoppie Jones: I really thought this place would bring my blood pressure up. Schedule my son’s appointment got in with temp check and screening questions. The young King he was so on it. Then at the window Samuel was so kind and understanding. I really don’t mind this DVM. I’m glad things change. Hey they clean the chairs afterwards. 💯💯💯💯🔥🔥
- Widi Li: Just want to share our experience with DPS located at 4545 Dacoma, Houston. When we made an appointment last week, there’s plenty time and dates to choose. When we came at 12.30 pm this afternoon, only 3 people in front of us, all accepted …
- Sierra Angel: Friendly staff. Don’t forget to ask about any referrals they tell u about at the end. He forgot to give me a website he told me he would. Was able to walk in and get my permit from Florida transfered to Texas no problem
- Morgan Van Gaal: Very fast! I was in and out within 15 minutes to update my address. The appointment system is awesome and everyone was very friendly!
- Alex Gutierrez: Fast paced environment. But one lady didn’t want to get in the car with me to take driving test because my car wasn’t a brand new tesla or whatever.!
- Natesha Tama-Madison: Great service, attentive, clean facility. Have all your docs ready and you’ll be in and out quickly!
- Chris Camarata: Must make appointment to go there. Very few are allowed in, you may have to wait outside until enough have left. Once inside after filling documents outside, it went very quickly & smoothly.
- Hossam Mansour: First experience in a DPS office and it was great, all of the staff were very helpful in helping me get my documents in check and guided me through the whole process. I did not have an appointment and came in at 8AM when they opened and got …
- Detra Culton Cooper: So much better by appointments only! In and out and not so overwhelmed 🙃
- Ferdi Istre: Some employees here are very rude, but not everyone. The camera and card reader were not working. They had me use the camera next door but when my card could not be read at the same terminal with a broken camera I was told I would have to …
- KB Vinson: Very helpful staff. Thank you very much!
- Lynn Shipferling: Made an appointment online. Read the instructions on what I need and was in and out woth a renewed driver’s licenses in no time. They are very organized and e eryone there was friendly and helpful.
- Lorena Lugo: OMG the best service in years. I just renewed my DL today and it was a very smooth process. Clean facility, friendly staff, very organized and willing to help and support. Thanks for making the DPS a friendly place.
- Lauren Mitchell: Had to renew my driver’s license, and was able to make an appointment the same day. When I got to the facility, there was no wait, and everyone I spoke to was polite and helpful. The lady taking my driver’s license photo was kind enough to …
- Elliot Wood: Now let me begin by saying I work in hospitality, and my experience here could be a lesson in how to do it right. There are two must haves in providing a great experience, engagement and advocacy and Sabina G exceeded my expectations on …
- Je Br: I always seem to find the nicest of employees in there. Almost can’t wait to go back 😂
- Bryan Saari: Wasn’t able to help with my specific need but very informative and professional and gave me the answers that I needed to take care of my situation
- Astros Texans: I wanna thank everyone there it was great service Specially counter 16 really thanks 🙏 Respectful man many thanks again
- Yesina Platero: Very safe and fast. I was in and out in 15 minutes. Personal was very nice and professional.
- Julien Fountain: Honestly I was super impressed with everything at this facility. They were all very polite, extremely helpful and even though they had some computer issues, they made sure I was taken care of promptly and efficiently. Was worth the 40 min …
- Rosemberg Gonzalez: I was serviced really fast. Attentive employees, covid precautions taken.
- Travis Gilley: Having an appointment made it super fast. Was kinda dreading going there. But was in and out in under 30 minutes.
- Lynn Nguyen: The person helping me was so kind and patient!
- Pierre HUYNH: place is for driver license and ID service. visit was fast thanks to the early time and very bad weather. they are strict about social distancing and covid-19 protocols, most of people i encountered were nice and polite. make sure you get …
- Garica G: everyone was so kind and helpful literally there for 10 minutes
- Ardany Arana: It was good no waiting in line it was in n out good service
- Jesse Villarreal: I needed a renewal on my license, so I made the appointment online and let me tell you I was done in less then 15 minutes, the quickest I have ever gotten done at DPS. And the lady who help me was very very nice. 👍😃
- Sandra Barrios: Everyone was polite. Good services. Love it.
- Nestor Gonzalez: Fastest experience renewing DL , got there at 12:30pm and out at 1:00pm.
City Map Lazybrook / Timbergrove
- Montgomery County Vehicle Registration, Spring, Texas
- Fort Bend Vehicle Registration, Richmond, Texas
- Express Title Service, Mid-West, Houston
- Texas Department of Transportation, Humble, Texas
- The Texas Auto Title Company, Pheasant Run, Houston
- Rosenberg Dmv, Rosenberg, Texas
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: Texas Department of Public Safety
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in Houston where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Lazybrook / Timbergrove you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state or city