Here you have all the information you are looking for about Palm Desert DMV. It is located at the following address: 74-740 Technology Dr, Palm Desert, CA 92211, United States, in the city of California.
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 8AM to 5PM
- Thursday: 8AM to 5PM
- Friday: 9AM to 5PM
- Saturday: 8AM to 5PM
- Sunday: 8AM to 5PM
- Eric B: The employees are rude and incompetent. My mother went to change her address on her DL and she asked 1 of the gentleman for help and he told her to figure it out on the computer herself. No respect for the elderly. Thanks Palm Desert DMV …
- T Perez: Good experience They are handling the Covid situation fine and the waits aren’t too long. Temperature checks and masks are mandatory as well as distancing. If you aren’t conducting business then you have to wait outside..I have no problem with that 🙂
- Don: It’s a better location than others, but they still have the most incompetent people working for them. Misspelled my name on a registration not once, not twice, but three times! It’s unreal how many times I’ve had to take off work over this. …
- Tim McCarty: Check in on line . . . From the time I did that to the time I was done was less than 1 hour, super easy too!
- Dave Acosta: Its the DMV what can I say. It is a better office than others I’ve been to only because they seem to care about your time in trying to get you in and out quickly. If you need to visit the DMV the Palm Desert Office is a winner!
- Michelle Goldstein Dean: Huge DMV in Palm Desert. You get in and out faster than Indio. More English-language people that you can understand better. Kiosk machine inside. When taking writers test, it’s quieter.
- Margaret Moss: Wait time was short. Staff was professional, especially the male greeter/screener at the front door, and the man taking the photos was great. Overall a great experience, even though I need to return with additional paperwork.
- L Sanford: Wait time reported was wrong. Said current wait time 9 minutes. Actual wait time was 40 minutes. Personnel nice, but seemed to be working at a relaxed pace.
- William Sanford: Not a bad experience. Recommend an appointment. We couldn’t make one online.
- Dean Howell: I never thought I would ever say this about the DMV, but the Palm Desert office is the fastest, most courteous DMV I have ever been in. The service is so good (I’ve been there 3 times without an appointment) that I even tried to contact Sacramento to compliment them which I never do.
- Jovanna Lardieri: Our daughter came to take her driving test here. She had the rudest driving instructor named Jerry. Besides they fact we got here an hour before. They were late for the appt. Don’t take your test here. Jerry is RUDE! He lied about her hitting a curb.
- Faith McInnis: Arrived early in line for disabled. Handled my needs in a timely manner.
- Gary Givens: Very quick and easy. Make sure you complete all of your documentation online and then bring in all physical documents in. Just finished getting my REAL ID
- Jorge Sanchez: Great dmv fast n alot of Spanish speaking employees
- Anne Margulies: Extremely pleasant experience. I had an appointment and was completely processed for a new CA DL within 20 min. I had ALL my documents in order. Very helpful, kind, efficient assistants.
- John Barnett: Very organized. Taking temperatures, seats separated by 6 ft. In and out in less than 20 minutes.
- Christina: It was busy, long line out the door. I was there for a real ID so I’d done everything online already. I got in the appt line with my printout & docs. Waited there about 20mins. I was then inside & called up to the window within about 30 …
- Annie Geturgun: I live in Coachella and I come to Palm Desert instead of Indio DMV or waste time making an appointment because they are quick and friendly here.
- ابنة كنعان: Same as everywhere!!Two different working hours posts? It’s better that you make appointment people wait in huge numbers outside. The temperature is over 100 degrees.
- Jesse Lua: Fast and expedient service while protecting public
- cody l: Nice and efficient DMV. I had 3 transactions and i was in and out in 1 hr 10 min. Not bad at all. Covid screening is required upon entry as well as face covering. The lady that helped me through the process shares the same birthday as I. Thank you for helping me
- John Mustafa: It was quick in and out within an hour.
- Ron Fisher: Everyone working there that I dealt with were very friendly and very helpful.
- Rod Mattos: After several phone calls with the PD office, I thought I had everything in line to handle my elderly father’s business but when I arrived and was there for 2 hours, my # finally got called only to be treated unprofessionally and rude by …
- Judith Savage: Completed the documents online, provided confirmation number & required documents to DMV associate and finished my transaction within 20 minutes.
- Beverly Brunkhurst: Surprisingly easy! Went in to get a Real ID, with no appointment this morning. Only waited about 45 minutes and they finished my application and took my picture. Place was clean and organized.
- Galileo The Drone: It was really fast, no appt. I am impressed… that’s why i am leaving a review 😇
- Kathleen Smith: I spent two hours today to get my real.ID licence but it was a good experience. The line was around the building but it moved fairly quickly, the security person kept us updated on timing, employees came out to complete what they could …
- Courtney Coffey: Looks like new construction perfect spot for a DMV it takes a while but not too long. For a DMV they not to bad.
- Eric Levin: After a 3 hour ordeal standing in the HOT sun, then getting back in line a few times, the folks at the Palm Desert DMV were very knowledgeable and patient and helped me through my relocating process. They had a lot of stress trying to organize all of use and they did a great job! Thank you!
- Brandon Akulian: This DMV never fails me. Short wait times, friendly staff. I’d give more stars if I could.
- Sheila Jimenez: I went with my brother to do his written test, the lady there that helps you was very rude. When we asked what the difference was between the “normal id” and “regular Id” She looked so annoyed and didnt really want to be there. I have been …
- catman92260: Besides the black woman with the nasty attitude at the front door,overall it was a decent experience for a DMV.
- Duane Peabody: Nobody likes going to the DMV…. but my trip was quick and plesant with a business like atmoshhere almost no waiting. Paying the registration for a truck and plates and registrartion for a new vehicile I was in an out in leas than an hour.
- Clau Reyes: The staff was kind, professional and efficient
- Dana Fike: Super experience, they move the people in and out. What a welcome change from how it was. Everyone is even smiling. Great job DMV
- R Walker: Needed to get my license/ real I’d. Filled out all the necessary paperwork online. Printed the confirmation page. Unable to get an appointment online so just showed up around 1115. Able to get right in. There about 15 minutes. Best dmv experience ever. Everyone professional and helpful.
- Audie Weber: Had an appointment, fast , easy , safe
- thunder snyper: Most of the staff at this location is good they do their job imnso glad we have this dmv branch at this location thabk god for them.
- Christopher Thomas: It was very good. It went smoothly without and problems. The clerk was friendly and cheerful. 5 Star experience
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: Palm Desert DMV
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in California where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Palm Desert you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state or city