Here you have all the information you are looking for about Texas Department of Public Safety. It is located at the following address: 11039 East Fwy #B, Houston, TX 77029, United States, in the city of Houston.
- Monday: 8AM to 5PM
- Tuesday: 8AM to 6PM
- Wednesday: 8AM to 5PM
- Thursday: 8AM to 5PM
- Friday: 8AM to 5PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
- Rodrick Williams: Man it’s bad over there and need a understanding supervisor over seeing the check in process. They are to quick to send a person away knowing that these are important times trying to get things did. A person need help when they get their.
- Albert Taylor: I had a great time. Everyone was helpful and friendly and answer all of my questions
- Ramachander Racharla: Safe distance maintained during covid-19 days
- Lumizer Jackson: By appointment only… which I love!! It’s clean. The staff were constantly disinfecting after each person and they moved really fast. The staff were really nice… probably because they weren’t swamped with so many people in the office at one time. They should keep this going even after covid.
- Nick R: Y’all can thank me later, if the line is wrapped around the building and into the employee parking lot in the back, you at looking at about 2 1/2 wait just to get into the building, after sitting down you have another 1 1/2 to 2 hr wait. …
- geologiststephy: I didn’t think it was so bad. Having an appointment system made everything simpler in comparison to other times where I had to wait for several hours. Was in and out in 30 minutes. Staff was patient and following strict COVID protocol.
- Diana Carreon: I wouldn’t even rate this DPS with one star the service is horrible. If you hate your job that much quit. Don’t waste your time booking an appointment here.
- Joshua Venghaus: The staff here treated my son and I horribly when we went to get his learners permit. They were rude from the beginning when we were in the line. The lady behind the plexiglass counter whispered so quietly you couldn’t hear her and was …
- Priscilla Perez: My appt was at 11:15, I checked in at 10:45 and I was out of there at 11:15. The process went fast. They need to keep this process. Very friendly.
- Andrea Ruiz: Everyone was so nice and polite. Very helpful and I didn’t wait very long.
- Jenefer Moore: I have used this DPS office many times and have always had a good experience. This rating is more for the DPS administrators. I had an appointment 9/22/20 during a tropical storm watch. I checked the website, there was no indication on …
- Morgan-Sean McCright: First time visiting this DMV, visit also took place during Covid. It was the most organized and efficient visit to the DMV I’ve had since I started driving. I signed in to my appointment upon my arrival which will save you time once you …
- keren lopez: The lady administering the eye exams is incredibly rude. I understand you may not like working around others during a pandemic but do not take it out on the customer. If I didn’t have to be there I wouldn’t either. Would not recommend this location to anyone.
- Jenny Larkin: We had to drive to this location from out of town due to a lack of appointments near us. I found this location to be incredibly professional. Ramona was working the front making sure that customers received the correct forms and were …
- Anita Cook: The person that helped me was awesome! Thank for making my visit pleasant!!!
- Nene Nun: The best dps office there is everyone friendly organized and fast lady in counter 8 could sing and very helpful i totaly recommend
- Alicia Brandley: Extremely poor service…my daughter went there 3 different times and was told she needed something different each time. When she was sent to get the info just told she still couldn’t be seen. The representative spoke to my daughter as if her child was there. She had a very bad attitude and I dont appreciate it one bit.
- Carol Cross: The overall experience was smooth. An appointment was the key
- Connie Garza: They were very courteous and made the process very easy. Thanks!
- Antoinette Welch-Zinnerman: Service was pretty quick once inside. You must have an appointment which was almost a 2 month wait.
- Jose Rios: I had an appointment at 1 in this place, had to leave work early to get there early sincw i know you can be there a while. After an hour an impatient aggressive woman shows up, arguing with customers left and right. She finally gets to me …
- Kim Nicole: By appointment only! I was in and out in 5 minutes Very clean and people are nice
- Rodolfo Pacheco: Female hispanic employee at the entrance who administers vision check gave me and plenty of others attitude as I checked in. No real reason behind it, just poor communication skills. I’d avoid interactions through her. Rest of the staff was friendly and courteous.
- Shannon Roberts: I went to get my first time driver license although I couldn’t take my drivers test the same day they proceed me in the system and took my picture and figure print. And I paid my fee of $33 and they schedule me an appointment to come in to …
- Reza Ghavami: I was in and out of there in less than an hour. What a relief! I’m so grateful for the reliable staff at this location. Thank you so much!
- Nallely Quiroz: All of them are rude ! The lady in front had a very sarcastic tone when checking in people , people that didn’t speak English she was laughing at them so rude ! Only reason I go here is because it’s the nearest one but omg they don’t have …
- Shannon Owens: Many of the employees are rude and unprofessional because they know that residents NEED their services. They work for taxpayers and need to realize that.
- Lissette Rivera: This place is awful the lady who help my daughter was given attitude to my daughter I have to step in so she stop giving her that attitude they are so rude li they had a horrible day the fau before if they hate their job they should look for a different job.
- H C: I have an appointment set up for next week and Im trying to get in touch with the office but they never answer the phone. I’ve been trying for the past 3 weeks
- Veronica Castillo: Some of the staff were very unpleasant. It wouldn’t hurt to be friendly. Long lines but moves pretty fadt.
- Jacob: Ugh the lights went off several times. The staff was professional and courteous.
- Janice Pushinsky: The system is a mess. What’s the point of making an appointment if they’re going to make you stand in line first come first serve? The women are pretty much rude too.
- Màchell Demouchet: Great Customer Service in and out with no problems.
- Brandon Ratcliff: This is the rudest place in america, I guess you don’t need customer service skills to work for TXDPS
- Shara Melton: Some of the employees were very Rude!!!! There was one at the door and the one that was helping me. She wanted me to pay extra money after I already payed online. Just so I can get a copy of it.
- Unreka Comeaux: The Customer Service was good it went quicker than I thought it would go but they don’t be giving you accurate information of needed documents thank God I had my mail in the car this time.
- dionne louis: Organized, Sanitized, and Good Customer Service compared to Other DPS Locations. They Had Only 2 Computers for CLP Testing with 4 or more Individuals Waiting in Rotation to Test.
- Galal Korayem: Very organized. Covid procedures in place and strictly implemented. In and out in 20 minutes.
- Sarah Jerez: Great staff! I went to apply for my license and they were super kind and quick! They didn’t take too long and took social distancing very seriously!
- Jacques Sweatt: On Monday, 8/24/2020, at approximately 4:00 pm, I entered this office for the purpose of getting a first time driver license(DL I arrived with my 1099, federal income tax form to validate my residence. These forms are considered by the DPS …
- Express Title Service, Mid-West, Houston
- Texas Department of Public Safety, La Marque, Texas
- Texas Department of Transportation, Humble, Texas
- The Texas Auto Title Company, Pheasant Run, Houston
- Department of Public Safety, Humble, Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety, Humble, Texas
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: Texas Department of Public Safety
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in Houston where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Northshore you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state or city