Here you have all the information you are looking for about Palm Springs DMV. It is located at the following address: 950 N Farrell Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92262, United States, in the city of California.
- Monday: 8 to 10AM
- Tuesday: 8 to 10AM
- Wednesday: 9 to 10AM
- Thursday: 8 to 10AM
- Friday: 8 to 10AM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
- Roberto James: Probably one of the best run DMV offices in California. In and out in less than 10 minutes with an appointment from day before.
- Russell Betts: Good experience. Everyone working there was nice and helpful. Got through the process in decent amount of time. Very clean with good system to make sure it is not crowded. Good job Palm Springs DMV.
- Curtis Goehring: Was surprised that the DMV was a pleasure this time. Nicely renovated, friendly agents. Good job DMV!
- Michael Towne: Pro Tip: Go to DMV on Christmas Eve. No wait and super fast service. Employees were courteous. Completed Real ID Application including picture in less than 20 minutes
- Dawn Levy McMorrow: Friendly staff, well distanced, masked… 20mins in line to get a number, 15 mins to get called, 10 mins after that out!
- Mark Bradtke: The best DMV experience in my over 36 years in California. Keep up the exemplary efforts, you all deserve a healthy raise and a round of drinks on the house!
- Ruben Rico: Due to social distancing, I was expecting a long line. This was a surprise to me. Only one person in line. From start to finish took about 15 minutes. Palm Springs DMV personal were very courteous and helpful.
- Justin Nicoletta: It’s great .. very quick and organized ! The women at the door was great as well as behind the counter .
- Lee Encinas: They’ve really improved this place. What used to be an irritation or even a dread to visit has become a rather easygoing and relatively pleasant one instead. Real progress here!
- Reamy Ramirez: If applying for real id make sure to take marriage certificate if your last name changed. Most staff was helpful.
- rickeydale50: Horrible. My 4th visit trying to get RealID. They wanted a document that was outside in the car. (They’d already seen it during a previous visit) They would otherwise let me get it. They rescheduled my appointment for 2 months in the future! Upsetting to say the lrast!
- George Padilla: During my visit to the Palm Springs DMV office I was super pleasantly surprised to see that there was minimum mine, spacing with it here and everyone wore masks. Are temperatures with check before we were allowed in and seats were …
- Margaret Emerson: I visited the PS DMV last Wednesday at 9:00 a.m.to renew my expired DL for a RealID. It took just over one hour to get inside the building. The processes inside were very efficient and quick; I was out in approximately 20 minutes maximum. …
- Vaughn Dodge: Surprisingly smooth and easy. I had a problem with my license that I thought was going to cause me some major grief. Turns out it was a simple fix and i was in and out in 20 minutes with a temporary license. Turns out the dmv got better during the corvid.
- Kirsten Bowman: I got there right around 4:30pm. They were a bit rushed and ready to go home, but they were very helpful and helped me with my replacement DL I never received when ordered online. No lines or anything. Great quick service.
- Mike Lujan: It was so fast it took 1/2 hour to get a ID card
- Cara C: The wait wasn’t too long but any time outside is a bit of a struggle when it’s hot here in Palm Springs. They worked fast and took care of all my needs. They follow the CDC guidelines. Safe environment and friendly people. Probably best to …
- Asso Meno: I am so sad and unpleasant of my horrible experience in this place because I drove for 2 hours and a half to arrive to my 9:40 appointment for driving test and as I arrived about few minutes late I had to stay in the appointment line to …
- Rodney McIntyre: Ridiculously petty about customers social distancing and wearing masks (this is good), but it was clearly a show and a way to intimidate customers and justify shutting the queue to get in the door a full hour before closing. These guys …
- Drew: It’s the DMV so you shouldn’t be expecting much. This time was really shocked at how helpful the person doing renewals and transfers was. Had left California for years and had an out of state driver’s license people kept giving me false …
- Mr Jones: Easy in and out 30 min all done very happy good job very clean !!
- Douglas Salcido: Very, very fast. And extremely Covid safe.👍
- Liana Vilchis: The lady that was assisting me with what I needed. Was really rude. And as she was helping me she wasnt really paying attention to what I was mentioning because she seemed distracted by the guy working next to her. Im not sure if she and …
- Mike Pollard: Best day ever!!! Considering it started at the DMV. It took 30 minutes to process Real ID and get approved for disabled vet plates. I know my experience isn’t what you’ve come to expect but I highly recommend and thank everyone at the Palm Springs DMV for a great job. Pandemic precautions are taken, wear a mask, wash your hands!
- Ian Pritchett: They have their process down Pat, COVID is the best thing that ever happened to the DMV. From the time I walked up to the front doors that time I was at the window was maybe 5 minutes. Then about 15 minutes to get my picture taken …
- Floyd IAm: A little confusing but better than the DMVs in the SF Bay Area.
- Bud Ticman: A HUGE SHOUT OUT TO OUR LOCAL DMV EMPLOYEES FOR THEIR PROFESSIONALISM AND KINDNESS…A SPECIAL THANKS TO Sharon, Luis, Brenda and Eunice FOR THEIR HELP AND AMAZING LEVEL OF PERSONAL ATTENTION AND GUIDANCE WHILE I WORK ON MY HANDICAP PLACARD APPLICATION. I appreciate you all!
- AJ Stowell: As far as DMV offices go, the Palm Springs location is pretty efficient. The remodel really improved operations.
- michael snow: Arrived at DMV around 7:40am. They open at 8am. Line went fast. Got our new vehicle registration & New California drivers license. The DMV staff are very professional, effecient & smiling. We got everything done within an hour or less. As …
- Jacy Klatt: Not bad, everyone was in a good mood, and for the DMV that is saying something! Please make sure you have all your paperwork! That’s what makes it easy!!!
- Dawn Conner: Excellent service… Friendly Staff… The Best DMV I’ve ever been to. Quick service too Thank you all so much
- Ruben Perez: Wonderful experience, good, organized, the people, and the floor, thank you.
- michael alcorn: I did my part filled out all forms online, read what I needed and brought it with me, so it literally took me longer waiting in line to get in then it did to complete everything to get my new real i.d. 30 min total. They were great and I didn’t even have an appointment.
- tatyana godaddy: I will never come back to this location. I felt extremely violated after I left this office.
- Kimberly Fischer: best and fastest service I’ve ever had! thanks covid!🙄😊
- Rodolfo Castaneda: Excellent service nice employees attitude and very helpful.
- John Consalvo: Excellent customer service!!! Very well organized. I was so impressed by how fast it took to get my driver’s license renewal. Very friendly associate’s too!!! Thank you for such outstanding service!!!
- Kreg Reeder: Website does not give the right information. They make you stand in line outside in the sun for and h our only to tell you the need more info. Security told me the closed at 4 when website says 5. Told me to come back qt 8 tomorrow.. butnthey don’t open til 9. Now I have to go back.and stand in line for an hour in 109 degrees.
- Sara Jean: I guess the DMV is allowed to make up their own hours now. Personally I just call it laziness. Was told on the phone to be there by 430. Was there at 409 only to be told that they apparently closed at 4 today. You are a government ran …
- Andrew Wilson: Beautiful people, well managed and hardly any wait time!
- Banning DMV Office, Banning, California
- Palm Desert DMV, Palm Desert, California
- Hemet DMV, Hemet, California
- Indio DMV, Indio, California
- Garza's Registration Services, Indio, California
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: Palm Springs DMV
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in California where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Palm Springs you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state or city