Here you have all the information you are looking for about Alaska Motor Vehicle Division. It is located at the following address: 2760 Sherwood Ln UNIT B, Juneau, AK 99801, United States, in the city of Juneau.
- Monday: 9AM to 5PM
- Tuesday: 9AM to 5PM
- Wednesday: 9AM to 5PM
- Thursday: 9AM to 5PM
- Friday: 9AM to 5PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
- Ali Arthur: I was helped an hour after my appointment had already passed and Jordan took care of me imedialty best DMV experience I had ever had.
- Suzanne Tweedy: Appointments DO help keep crowds small. I was in and out in 40 minutes
- Heather Warden: Awesome thanks for the update, make a appointment to,📲
- Jessie Wright: I personally wish they will forever just keep appointments only. I got there on time. Was seen right away and out of there in 10 minutes.
- Matthew Campbell: It’s fine for a dmv. As annoying as it is to wait in line here, I’m sure it’s not the most pleasant place to work and I appreciate that most staff are still pretty kind and helpful. Also, as of last time I went they close the doors at 5 but still help everybody that was waiting in line before that which is nice.
- Leah Haskell-Cummins: There are 5 stations but usually 2 workers working. Remember the movie where the sloths work at the DMV, those sloths move much faster. Prepared to bring things to work on, and have your phone fully charged.
- Joseph Pocher: Had an appointment. Worked well.
- Rodney D Marriott: Efficient, friendly and helpful throughout the whole process 🙂
- Miranda Kellerhals: Waited on hold for almost two hours to have someone take all of my information, and then tell me they couldn’t help me.
- Melody Halderman: It’s a ok place, the staff is very friendly,& patient, but, except to wait for a while, there can be a long line, but it’s a very good place to get your Driver’s license, or Bus pass, or State I.D. Kids might get a bit bored though. But, if …
- Roorup: As a place to just hang out, sure it’s bad, it’s boring l, you gotta wait, but you know it’s a dmv. It works as a dmv. People were kind and helpful.
- lydia sumrall: They called numbers and walked away as that client walked to the window. 20 people in line at once; only two people helping.
- G Lee: If you need a state ID, driver’s license, registration of your vehicle(s), this is the place one needs to come to in Juneau, accessible by public transit. Opened weekdays 0900-1700. Studying for the driver’s license questions can be done …
- Deandra Kolerok Kolerok: Station 5 lady was rude, didn’t say when she was gonna take a picture. I don’t recommend going here.
- Snoberry: Listed phone # directs to the entire state’s DMV main line. On their website for this facility there is a different number which also directs to the main line. This is ridiculous. Calling at 10am on a Monday and I’m 30 callers deep in line when I don’t want to speak to a call center I want to speak to someone at the Juneau office.
- Sterling Novotny: Line is never too long, always answered my calls. Helped me get my CDL. For a dmv it’s 5 stars
- Dok Washington: THIS IS A POOR EXCUSE FOR A WEB PAGE,YOUR LINKS SEEM TO POINT TO NOWHERE. SO FAR I HAVEN’T BEEN ABLE TO FIND YOUR PAGE THAT ALLOWS ME TO FAX YOU INFO TO GET INFO THAT I NEED FROM YOU, I NEED TO GET INFROMATION ABOUT MY DRIVING RECORD. I …
- Robert Williams: This is a great place to start when moving to Alaska….
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: Alaska Motor Vehicle Division
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in Juneau where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Auke Bay you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state or city