Here you have all the information you are looking for about Texas Department of Public Safety. It is located at the following address: 412 Vance St #2, Taylor, TX 76574, United States, in the city of Texas.
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 8AM to 5PM
- Thursday: 8AM to 5PM
- Friday: 8AM to 5PM
- Saturday: 8AM to 5PM
- Sunday: 8AM to 5PM
- Ursula Whitworth: Today is the 22nd. As you can see from the photo confirmation, I have an appointment right this very second. However the building is closed. For some reason no one thought it important to update the calendar on the website and apparently …
- Paul Schlichting: Quick and convenient. Friendly customer service; lady at window was very helpful. No complaints!
- Lorena shepard: It is very clean and the staff was helpful and kind. Anna was very helpful and kind. She explained everything and made sure that you understood.
- Suzanne Smoczyk: I took my son to get his permit at this location. I’ve been to other DPS offices in Austin that were terrible. This location was way better. They went through my paperwork to make sure I had everything at the door and quickly took care …
- Jose Madrid: Great attitude in the registration side the two ladies there are so kind and helpful. Took me only five minutes max to get my registration. 😉
- Linda Lindsay: It was horrible!!! 1 person said we had all documents needed, then we get to the counter and another person said not enough documents. We have been trying to get my daughters license for 3 months! And each time we’re told something different
- Fermin Gonzales: Restrooms are only for employees not citizens. So if you gotta go better go visit a restaurant close by. 🤔
- Sue Dimarino: Awesome experience!! The woman who assisted us was so professional, extremely helpful and kind. An over all wonderful experience which is on par for all the experiences we have had with Dept of Public Health and Safety in Taylor TX.
- Edward Harding: Great experience for getting license renewed. Folks were friendly and efficient. In and out in less then 20 minutes.
- Michael Simons: I had a lot of registration renewals that piled up to to Covid. Christine got them all done very efficiently and quickly. She was very nice and understanding, as I apologized for the large number (36). She is ALWAYS friendly and courteous. Great to work with!
- Sandy Trussell: The lady that helped us was so nice and understanding!!! And very helpful!! I consider her an angel. Thank you Sharon Cervenka!!!!
- Michael Diaz: The Taylor TX location was awesome!! Very friendly staff, and very clean. My appt was 11:15, and I was walking out of there with my renewed DL at 11:03am.
- Nicole Felder: I’ve called multiple times this morning and it’s either busy or you get directed to the answering machine, which does not provide all of the necessary options. I’m not certain if anyone in that office reads these comments, but they should …
- Juan Vazquez: No appointment needed inn and out less than 10 minutes
- Deanna Matthews: Don’t recommend this location but did get Saturday appt. Apparently TXDPS computers don’t go all the way to Taylor even when you show them your expired license they say you never had one.
- hello Gello: Just renewed my driver’s license last week . Must wear facial covering . DL renewals still by appointment only .. you can do this on line . Very well organized . No lines due to co vid. I was heading home in less than 20 mins.
- Joel Granado: Quick in, quick out. Great service overall.
- Lindsey Smith: I would give 0 stars if I could we got skipped 4 times even though we were in line first and all we are doing is turning in a form! The lady working the desk obviously hates her job and likes to take it out on citizens trying to get there stuff done!
- Pinkie Woodard: Excellent and very professional help was given by the Associate. She went beyond the call of duty
- Julia: Never had a bad experience and the lines are a lot shorter than other places.
- Bruce Clark: These people are great, friendly, helpful. Thank you
- Paul Martinez: Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Christine Gardner was a pleasure to deal with.
- Octavio Garza: Horrible experience with my son getting driving permit. The clerk was very curt and extremely inflexible. Never again will I return to Taylor, Texas!
- Robin Hall: We are new to TX so we had several forms that needed to be checked before we could get our driver’s license…we had gone to the mega center in Pflugerville first, waited 4 hours in a very cold room only to be told that we had one piece of …
- Alan Abraham: Great place, very helpful people on the counter. Really great officer taking the test. No rush.
- Yesenia Salgado: Slow service. Person up front took 30 to 45 minutes per person!!! knowing that there was a whole line of 20+ people. If you come in make sure you have your paperwork ready he would slowly pull out the papers & explain to all the people that came in for an ID or drivers license.
- Mitch Hardison: Fast service with excellent courtesy thank you
- Sharee Mitchell: They don’t answer the phone. It’s awful you have to drive over for a simple question
- Byron: This was the worst experience EVER. They don’t care that you are taking off work or school or didn’t eat lunch as you stand in line for hours while they go on lunch and don’t have enough clerks. I thought going to this smaller office would …
- Christopher Bivens: Went to Taylor. No wait!
- Rocio C: Excellent customer service
- Cheryl Gauthier: Man at counter named Mike was very patient and calm. Over 6 months ago, he gave me my permit and today, he graded my driving test. Kept the environment peaceful and less stressful. Would definitely recommend visiting.
- Monica Kylberg: Super efficient friendly staff would recommend all my friends to goget their DL renewed.
- Matt: Always been quick and easy for anything. Come prepared with all of your identification and proof of residence so you don’t end up like the 1 star reviewers who blame their own shortcomings on the DPS office.
- Glen Redmon: I finally found the phone number and called the office to get information. I am a senior citizen and wanted to schedule a visit at an opportune time. Absolutely could not speak with a human and none of the choices offered was the service I …
- Gregg Eddins: If you finally get to the choice of “customer service rep.” They hang up on your *#!. Real nice.
- Ignacio Lopez: Best kept secret in Texas.!
- Lights and Sirens: Super Fantastic Polite Courteous Resourceful Helpful Professional Staff… they’re FAST & FRIENDLY… fyi, you can take all the computer CDL tests at their facility, but you have to take your CDL driving test at a Mega Center… 🥇🏆👍
- Lori R: Fast and friendly service. I had a very nice experience.
- Desirae Bernhardt: Doesn’t even deserve one star, this place is a joke. Their automative phone line doesn’t give you the information your looking for, no option to connect to live person, drove over an hour after trying to attempt to reach someone got there …
- TxDMV Austin Regional Service Center, Austin, Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety, Austin, Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety: Motor Carrier Bureau, Austin, Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety Driver License Mega Center, Pflugerville, Texas
- Texas Department of Motor Vehicles, Austin, Texas
- Texas Department of Transportation, Austin, Texas
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: Texas Department of Public Safety
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in Texas where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Taylor you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state or city