Here you have all the information you are looking for about Texas Department of Public Safety. It is located at the following address: 13730 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78750, United States, in the city of Texas.
- Monday: 8AM to 5PM
- Tuesday: 8AM to 6PM
- Wednesday: 8AM to 5PM
- Thursday: 8AM to 5PM
- Friday: 8AM to 5PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
- Bhanu Addanki: Very good service. If we have appointment it is very easy.
- Liliana Garza Saldívar: My husband and I went for our licenses early today (we didn’t have an appointment) and everyone was very nice and helpful! Every worker we encountered at this office was very pleasant and helped us get our licenses up to date. Kudos to Mark for the patience and conversation!
- Dawn Elkins: I showed up early because I knew I had paperwork to fill out. But the check in was quick and staff was friendly and helpful. I couldn’t find my email or text message go check in, but the two gentlemen at the door checked me in and brought me my ticket. This was the nicest and friendliest dmv I have ever been in.
- Carmen Jayne: The wait to renew my DL was longer than expected, but the process was orderly and easy. Staff were very friendly, social distancing and safety measures were being followed. Once I got to the counter it was quick and painless. Make sure to make an appointment online and check in online 30 mins before your appointment.
- Jt Wilkins: Appointment only folks and appointments are only available around 2 months out, so sign up online, that is if the website doesn’t give you an error trying to sign up for your Appointment. Can we get Chikfila to run the drivers license renewal department, im sure they would be more efficient. 🤦♂️
- Megan Tibbs: Fantastic service! I showed up a week early because I needed a Texas drivers license to start work on Monday. They were nice enough to squeeze me in and help me get approved because my driver’s license from another state was expired. The …
- David Fisher: You have to make an appointment online and still have to wait a little but overall one of the best services I have had getting a DL.
- Omamuyouvwi Edewor: Zack is an amazing employee. He was polite, patient, professional, and very informative. His customer service skill is excellent. He is my employee of the month. Thanks Zack. All the other employees I interacted with were courteous. Thanks guys.
- Arthur Rendon: Very very professional very courteous and polite. They know what they’re doing made me very very happy there’s no other DPS that compared to that DPS . Since I’ve been in Austin my whole life!
- Valerie Dickens: I failed to READ and showed up without my birth certificate, so did not leave with a renewed DL. That said, each of the three employees with whom I interacted could not have been nicer or more pleasant! All were friendly, courteous and …
- Dimitri Voutsinas: Amazing staff. Super covid safe. Way better and easier than the nys department of motor vehicles. Compared to there, this place is heaven.
- Trisha Voll: Like WOW! I’ve never had a good time at DPS in my life(pretty sure everyone can agree lol). Research Blvd DPS has changed that! Efficient, quick, ACTUALLY super friendly, and helpful! Jim and Mariela were the best, on top of their game …
- Stuart Buckingham: So much better than the N Lamar location. Worth the extra drive for quick service and friendly staff.
- Lydia Vallejo: Front desk woman was unnecessarily rude, gave me the wrong expectations, and spelled my name wrong on my documents despite having my license in her hand. She lied when she said I wouldn’t have to pay, and scheduled me an unnecessary …
- Arthur Wynder: Very efficient I like the style good to visit stop by there sometime
- Mike Metz: It’s the DMV (equivalent), what do you expect? I stood in line outside for an hour in 40 degree weather. Arrived in JAN and was turned away. They sent me to another location where they also turned me away and offered me an appointment two …
- Linda Warren: Terrible experience!!!! No organization!!!! The lady that was at the front couldn’t be more depressing, clearly doesn’t know how to smile or just hates her job. So much was wrong about our experience so to put it as short as possible it is …
- Shemma Grace Yuangi: Friendly and helpful staff and if you don’t have an appointment, they try to help you out where they can and fit you in still.
- Dom: Omg everyone here is sooo nice, the line attendant, supervisor, the people behind the window. The line moved fairly quickly too😊
- Jocelyne Vo: I honestly don’t understand the bad reviews because they don’t reflect at all my experience. If you make an appointment like it’s required, the process is really smooth, you will be in and out of the office in 30 minutes max. Everyone I …
- Christopher Goss: Everyone was pleasant and helpful even with the difficult conditions.
- Kim Pinali: Amazing and so thorough and fast, friendly and helpful. Make sure to get an appointment before you go.
- Laketha Moore- Thompson: Everyone had on face mask and social distancing. The customer service was great from the beginning to end. The line was moving fast no waiting at all. The gentleman that was checking everyone in was doing a fantastic job to keep everyone …
- omar sultani: This dps office had some of the rudest people. The lady scheduling appointments had the worst attitude I’ve ever seen. 0/10 would never recommend someone to come here. I would suggest going somewhere else(Georgetown, pflugerville). Worst dmv experience me and my parent have ever had
- Baswaraj Bhalke: DMV is very good in maintaining capacity and precaution for covid. I appreciate their hard work
- brian zoss: Following the fake virus precautions, you don’t have to wait because you’re only able to make an appointment. No problems with the worker who helped me, she went above and beyond to assist in getting my ID.
- Abn_Guard_Bum: What is the point of requiring people to schedule appointments months out if you just make everyone stand outside in a line and miss their scheduled time? I had my military ID, a DD214, current orders, a passport, a passport card, a birth …
- Richard Elizondo: Did not have hiccup at this location. My app was @ 305pm and was all done @313pm. I think it was windows #7. Outstanding job
- Albert Nieto: Right now you have to make appointments and make sure you have all your paperwork before hand.
- A C: Very organized! Love the promptness! I wish we could keep the format by appt. Very friendly and professional. No long wait at all!!! I give this facility a five star plus!!!!
- Bob Larson: Easy, convenient and friendly. Smaller venue which made it much easier for my 90 year old mother.
- Melissa Raffray: A pretty good experience. They seem to be working well with covid and I was there a total of about 30 minutes. 15 minutes before my appointment time to 15 minutes after. The clerk that helped me was friendly, efficient and joked around some.
- nitin ware: I visited this recently and they accepting now only appointments not walk-ins due to pandemic. I went there on scheduled time and my work was completed within 30 mins, good work.
- Janie Ramos: It was good it went fast . But I did make a appointment for the renewal license .
- Jose Jimenes: Considering covid-19 and the limit restrictions. It’s a fast and smooth transition
- Nicholas Gerard: Great service, friendly people that are willing to help in any way!!
- Ada Brown: Rude employees false information given run around mess will never go back.
- Marvin Perdomo: excellent staff very friendly very hygienic excellent care for covid 19
- Marco: Very courteous, efficient and quick service
- Benjamin Salinas: Every time I go and make me happy because they because they always help me out of what I need to be done I do not know the guy’s name but it is the second time the I had him and he helps me out thank you
- TxDMV Austin Regional Service Center, Austin, Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety, Austin, Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety, Marble Falls, Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety, Taylor, Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety: Motor Carrier Bureau, Austin, Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety Driver License Mega Center, Pflugerville, Texas
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: Texas Department of Public Safety
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in Texas where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Austin you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state or city