Here you have all the information you are looking for about New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission. It is located at the following address: 1861 Hooper Avenue Village Square Plaza, Toms River, NJ 08753, United States, in the city of New Jersey.
- Monday: 8AM to 4:30PM
- Tuesday: 8AM to 4:30PM
- Wednesday: 8AM to 4:30PM
- Thursday: 8AM to 4:30PM
- Friday: 8AM to 4:30PM
- Saturday: 8AM to 3PM
- Sunday: Closed
- Val Ds: I’m 44 years old and I recently became a resident so this is my first driver license. I was scared to go after reading the reviews. I didn’t know what to expect.Let me tell you that I had a extremely nice experience.The first time I got my …
- Maria Palermo: So, “after COVID- DMV”– what can I say- they are trying. Are there things they could do more efficiently? Absolutely. Are they trying? Absolutely. If you can’t wait and you can’t complete it online, then just be prepared to stand for at …
- Helene Jnane: I was at the Toms River DMV at the end of October, and I had a good experience. A line was formed at the door and the line moved efficiently with the help of the expeditor who was considerate and good at what she was doing. Once I was …
- Hercilany Silva: Very good receptionist, nice people and always ready for help. I loved this place and the line so fast. I super recomend
- William Bembischew: Line around the building ending at the front door. People there since 10:30pm day before. Nightmare is every sense of the world. The dmv employees are as nice as I would be dealing with what it is. Cant believe that this state let it get this bad. I do feel like something could have been done but nothing was.
- Joseph Gonzales: The Toms River office was outstanding and professional. From the first person I talked to, to the last… they walked me through the process. My situation was special and difficult, but no negative attitudes presented. Only negative I …
- Jon: Do not believe anything they say at they door. They will tell you what ever lie so that you leave. New Jersey motor vehicle system is BROKEN! They tell you have to go online to make an appointment but there are no appointments available …
- Jane Hall: The employees at the Toms River DMV are so considerate, understanding and kind. They took their time explaining what is needed for the Real ID. I am so grateful to everyone who assisted me with their caring and positive attitudes.
- DANIEL BALTON: Went to register my vehicle and couldn’t. Lakewood or Manahawkin by appointment only. Made earliest appointment for 3/29. TimeDiff(02/27/2021,03/29/2021)
- The Old Paths: This is the worst experience I’ve ever experienced in a motor vehicle agency. The lady in the front today didn’t have any customer service skills. Constantly rolling her eyes at customers. If the site nj.gov was so easy to use as she put …
- Scott Brown: Wish I can rate it 0 stars. DO NOT USE Tom’s River location. You will regret it. Worth every extra minute and effort to choose a different location. Workers there are so rude and nasty. I’m 57 years old and never before did I have such a …
- Rich Polanka: Experience was nice but 50% of drivers today would not pass the knowledge test
- K B: If your are just turning in plates they have a drop box outside..very smart..great idea..
- Kevin Fayerweather: Made an appointment. Showed up 10 min early. Was handled quickly. Staff was pleasant. Thanks
- Anton Vallie: Best Motor Vehicles experience I’ve ever had. They were fast, agreeable and very friendly. I recommended going to the Toms River location if you need to handle any motor vehicle issues.
- Andres Martinez: If you get there early 7-8:00am you are good. It moves fast. You are given a number slip. You write your cell phone number on it and they will text you when it is your turn. You will then have to go in to the facility and conduct your transaction. I know for sure they do license renewal there.
- 방탄 소년단Aaliyah: Just got my Permit and everyone there was very helpful and nice. I came around 9ish and there wasn’t a line just like three to four people waiting that had booked appointments but I didn’t have one but I was able to go in and get my permit. …
- L Joyce: Surprisingly went well… Appointment plus 6 points..In and out within an hour.. Customer service was good thank goodness
- Allysa Faith: Impossible to get ahold of someone on the phone here. I moved here a month and a half ago, and the only day they could give me to get an appointment is February 18th. Tomorrow. So I’ve been waiting a month and a half for this appointment, …
- Kevin Tritz: Went smooth like butter. Wish their website wasn’t so bad.
- Keith Horvath: It was a good experience today. Diane was a huge help & was able to get my license updated. She also explained in detail how to take care of maintaining the license as well.
- A B: The best MVC Center and should be considered a model of excellence. All other MVC’s should model themselves like this MVC center. One difference here is they really want to help you and really want to work. Other MVC’s don’t work, a lot of …
- Dennis Van Orden: It was absolutely stress free. Unfortunately with the pandemic certain measures must be taken but they have it down to a science and with a little patience, no problem. The workers there were very helpful.
- Kellee Robinson: This place is horrible! I had an appt that I made today and it took them almost 20 minutes to find my appt when I gave them my confirmation paper and showed them the confirmation email on my phone. Horribly ran and they really just don’t care
- Blanca Flores: go to the dmv at 8:30 am. the line was very long but it was moving pretty fast. The lady handing out numbers was very informative! we put our phone number on the ticket and they sent out 4 text by the 3rd one we had to be back in line. …
- Saba Memon: Appointment visits works better. Line was small and faster process.
- Philip Hann: I had to go to the Toms River location for my CDL license renewal, I was very impressed, they were very well organized and very friendly, dealing with the pandemic is not easy on anyone and I was dreading going to get my license renewed, …
- Conor V: They’re doing their best. Interactions with the staff were pleasant and helpful. I got there at 8am on Saturday. They ran out of numbers very quickly as I was one of the last. Ended up finishing up around 1:15pm.
- dorriaaa m: Booked an appointment for 1145 and was out of the building with new ID by 12. Everyone working was helpful and friendly.
- ً: I have been calling today for more than 5hrs. to ask if they got my renewal application by mail but with no luck at all. All I hear is music. No update as to how long I’m on the queue. Even I searched the local Njmvc there’s only one phone no. listed. So much disappointed.
- leon morone: Horrible, as usual.wouldn’t take our marriage license.lady was nasty.they treat you like garbage.
- Patrick Wall: They should take a lesson from the Lakewood branch. Lakewood hands out numbers at 7am. The number tells you what time to come back. So you don’t have to wait in line all day. We had to leave Tom’s River at 8:10am and they still were not handing out numbers.
- Roger La France: New covenant 19 measures are in place and to date only take appointments. A woman is at the door and opens up and asks what your visit is for.
- Fernando Bustamante: The people that work there are rude! They need retraining in customer service!
- Mike F: Besides getting there at 530 am to get in line. I was actually impressed on how efficient things went. I was #35 when they checked me in at 810am and was out with my renewed CDL at 915am. Like I said the only thing that sucked was having to get there at 530am.
- Trudy Bermudez: This is just unreal. I can understanding waiting a bit longer then usual due to all the precautions and what not but the process they have going on in general for the DMV are beyond disguising. In one day waking up 530am getting to Toms …
- Michael Colavito: So 7/7/20 was the first day open for walk ins. No planning what so ever! The massive crowd in the parking lot was so large I thought I was going to a concert. Lines wrapped around buildings (plural), no social distancing, some without masks …
- umut koray: The process is long, so be sure to que around 6-7 am to get your first number ticket and then they take your phone number to give you a second number which you get called in for licensing. Registration and plate businesses are done in another location. Be aware that it may take a whole day. Best of luck
- Jason sanderson: Ridiculous!!!! 4 months to have plan to handle the surge of residents getting licenses. Great Social Distancing & mask use….. What a JOKE!!!! Why did we shut everything down to have MVC screw everything up. MVC changed rules certain …
- Thom Mason: With Covid-19 closing the MVC for almost 3 months, the crowds show up early, 5am, for 8a opening. I was number 30 upon arriving at 515a. The rest of the crowd wrapped around the entire building! Once inside the process went smoothly and I was out by 920a!
- New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission, Hazlet, New Jersey
- MVC Inspection Center of Freehold, Freehold, New Jersey
- DMV Hazlet NJ, Hazlet, New Jersey
- New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission, Freehold, New Jersey
- New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission, Manahawkin, Stafford Township
- NJ Motor Vehicles Division, Eatontown, New Jersey
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in New Jersey where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Toms River you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state or city