Here you have all the information you are looking for about Secretary of State office. It is located at the following address: 2565 S Gladwin Rd, Prudenville, MI 48651, United States, in the city of Houghton Lake.
- Monday: 9AM to 5PM
- Tuesday: 9AM to 5PM
- Wednesday: 9AM to 5PM
- Thursday: 9AM to 5PM
- Friday: 9AM to 5PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
- J S: The automated system is completely useless and by the time you ask for a disability permit to talk to someone about a license transfer, It say “sorry, we can’t take your call, try again later”. Don’t bother sitting through the commonly asked questions. Unless you want to throw away a few minutes of life.
- Ashley Leffingwell: Don’t waste your time. Had to make 3 appointments with the result of no help each time. Every staff member is extremely rude. The last time I went in (a couple days ago) the woman leaving came up to me in the hallway with tears in her eyes …
- Cindy Dominguez: Surprisingly it went better than it could have in spite of my own inadequacy. The young lady helping me-and I stress helping me- was so extremely calm it was almost un-nerving but she was very professional and assisted others while I tried to keep it together and get my ins co. to fax copies to the dmv so yes it was a satisfying visit.
- Cindy Swope: Dina ,manager acknowledged me when she saw me by my name….it made me feel very good…TY
- Allison Kemeza: Ashley went above and beyond. She was super helpful and did an amazing job!!! Thank you for all the help!
- chris helms: They do a great job. Very fast and professional. Great office, only wish all the other state offices were this good. Keep up the good work there, really appreciate it!
- Grace Dingo: Had a 1:50 pm appointment. I was out by 2 even with the clerk helping a gentleman that was late on his appointment. Ashley did an amazing job. Answered all my questions for a future visit. She remained cheerful and accomidating even in mask wearing, appointment only times.
- Dawn Maluchnik: Super fast and very pleasant dealing the ladies in there
- shawna aldrich: Staff did an excellent job serving customers as well as regularly senitizing frequently touched surfaces between customers. Very pleased with my visit today!
- Harts Pocketbullies: Got my tabs in-and-out great service
- Angela Blazevski: Quick and convenient as it is very close to our cottage. Fast and friendly service. No wait!
- Shannon Ramsey: Great see can I’ve very friendly staff.
- Dawn Stepp: Very friendly and curtious.
- cindy black: Great service , easy in and out with appt.
- Jeanette Wade: The people who work there were very professional but oh my goodness the smell! Seriously Michigan do something!
- Lynette Smith: Great friendly staff!!
- Thomas Proffer: Fast and simple
- James Doenut: They are in a tuff spot be polite!)
- G- Man: By appointment only but fast and friendly.
- Renee Phipps: Over an hour now for a 10 minute appt
- Timothy Todd David: Excellent
- Jeremy Mosher: In and out in under 10 minutes with an appointment.
- Julie White: Everything was awesome
- Susan Campbell: Just a little bit of a wait. Staff friendly and very knowledgeable. Very pleased with service.
- Kevin Wheaton: I’ve never been to a SOS without some kind of wait… until now!!!! Awesome!
- Niki: Always fast and friendly.
- Kenneth Smith: Fast service
- M. Swarts: I’ve never had to wait for very long whenever I’ve stopped in. Everyone that I’ve interacted with has been friendly and professional. I can usually get in and out within ten minutes or less.
- Bridgette Slane: The worst customer service I have ever received from a state office, and I have lived all over the US. West Branch or Grayling office is well worth the trip.
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: Secretary of State office
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in Houghton Lake where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Prudenville you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state or city