Here you have all the information you are looking for about New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission. It is located at the following address: 2236 US-130, Dayton, NJ 08810, United States, in the city of South Brunswick Township.
- Monday: 8AM to 4:30PM
- Tuesday: 8AM to 4:30PM
- Wednesday: 8AM to 4:30PM
- Thursday: 8AM to 4:30PM
- Friday: 8AM to 4:30PM
- Saturday: 8AM to 3PM
- Sunday: Closed
- Salisbury Steak: Cancelled my appointment the day before the appointment with no explanation why. Now I will have to wait another three weeks for an appointment all just to transfer a title. Seriously have to make an appointment weeks ahead of time just to …
- Peter Bednarz: Great staff and very professional in the way they handle people’s needs. Everyone stands 6 ft apart and there is a cop that manages people outside and one for the inside. Make sure you get your number to know your place in line. Good luck.
- Antoinette Flynn: Our appointment was scheduled for 12:15 on 12/29 @ the South Brunswick office.We arrived @12pm. We were completing Title transfer, new registration & surrending of license plates. We did complete all forms. So we were prepared. …
- Angelina Merito: The service was pretty fast & the security was super friendly! Gotta give it 3 stars though because the lady who was helping me rolled her eyes at me which made me feel very unwelcomed. For the most part I saw everyone else had a pretty good & fast experience.
- Patricia McBriarty: Wonderful- Making appointments is brilliant; so much safer for everyone!! Fast and Easy, if you need to go for a family member be sure to have a release form that you have permission. It will save you a second trip.
- Suzanne Stout: I was helped by two of the nicest motor vehicle workers I have ever encountered! I did not get their names, but the very nice gentleman security officer Manning the front door, as well as a very pleasant gentleman shepherding customers to …
- Loretta Garvin: Appointment today at 2:15 everything was organized and in order. The officer at the door was very helpful and assisted me as a senior very kindly which made my appointment very easy. Thank you for the professional service from the officer at the door to the staff in the inside.
- Shade Plata: Did you make an appointment and expect to be seen then? WRONG. You still gotta wait in two lines and waste your time. So make sure for your naive sake, you take everything off your schedule for this POOR coordinated idea that they used have a brain cell for.
- Greg Williams: First of I will state that I went 3-4 weeks ago with no appointment. Waiting in line out side for 4 hours before being told that no more walk ins would be taken that day. While in line I went to the DMV web site and make an appointment. My …
- Ashley Soskin: Well organized with COVID- precautions. Quicker service than before the pandemic! Nice friendly staff!!
- Nikki B: Was able to get an appointment same day after few tries. Courteous staff & security!
- Bandeep Singh: The waiting and everything else was fine, what I do not like is how disrespectful the employee was to me. Its my first time getting a new car and I don’t know exactly what needs to be done so I had to re-confirm. Employee replies with …
- Ricardo Juarez: Very fast service, and the people were super friendly
- Vaishnavi Iyengar: Only 12 tokens given out so could not get in though I lined up early in the morning. Highly inconsistent info on who will get token and who needs to have appointments. NJ mvc website lists this location as a walk in location but they don’t …
- Craig Stanton: Extremely organized, very friendly..on a Saturday morning!
- Beita’s Construction: Great staff, professional and very nice nothing but good experience with this location.
- Julia c: Nice experience. People are very nice.
- Sokol Sokol: Absolutely no issues, on time, great service!
- Lorraine Lindsay: Went to DMV in South Brunswick on Saturday Oct 10. We arrived around 6 a.m, the line was already around the building. As per the security guard they give out 200 tickets and there were about 100 people waiting already. We decided to wait …
- Maranda Tomlinson: Arrived at 8:40 Wed Oct 21st. Stood in line until 9:10 and got number 123. Was texted to be ready at 10:20 & to go to the door at 10:40. Got inside at 10:50 and to the reception desk at 11. Called to the counter at 11:25 & done with car …
- Amy Dallas: Horrible, when they have a delayed opening they start wilth the early am appointments. Had to wait for hours outside for my 10 am appointment.
- Michael Mohring: I have nothing but good experiences with this location – Today Brian helped me and made my 2 transactions easy like usual – thanks again Brian it’s much appreciated if your reading this !!
- Srinivasulu Kota: Currently this facility do not offer driving license renewals . Check out the website.
- Rob Lendvai: I got in line at 7:00am on a Saturday (8/22/20), BUT it turns out I didn’t have to. Had I come at 11am, I could have avoided the line and still be seen. Even the DMV guy said there’s no need to come so early! The dmv employees were super nice and helpful.
- Pat G: Got my title, registration, plates and inspection done in about 1 hour. Very friendly staff and clean facility, thanks.
- Moe Sharaf: This is the closest thing to torture anyone can ever endure
- Mark Byzewski: From the time I got to the front door, I was directed by employees on how to proceed.
- Deepak Sreedharala: Very quick service with an appointment
- Ken Richner: Came up from South Carolina to purchase a used 32′ camper and had to illegally tow it back because this location refused to give me a temporary tag!!!! Just because the DL rules in other states don’t agree with NJ DMV! I’m am so glad I …
- Rajiv Kaki: Went there last Saturday. Had a great experience, starting with smiling and informative front desk folks, the better than expected speed of getting my turn at the counter, to the quick processing of my request and the ease of paying the …
- kenya Rodriguez: now you need to make an appointment for any procedure, it does not apply in inspection
- Carol Singer: There is not enough parking. I had to drive around for 15 minutes waiting for someone to pull out. This is a “motor vehicle” facility. Do they think people are walking there?
- Ritwick Vaidya: I was denied access to the license plate drop box on June 22nd, even though the website clearly says “open for license plate surrenders from June 15th”
- duce Jones: Fast friendly
- Deyanira Fernandez: Excellent
- José Gregorio Sánchez: This place is fabulous!
- Jay Hicks: First in line at inspection station and it was a breeze!
- Sachin Patil: Horrible Situation , no enough parking space , most time limited camera working that takes more than 3+ hours of waiting time , something need to wait outside in cold for more than hour
- Ana Gawy: Uncooperative staff.
- Hernan D Velarde: (Translated by Google) I received excellent attention and the time I stayed there was very short (Original) Recibí una excelente atención y fue muy breve el tiempo que permanecí allí
- New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission, Hazlet, New Jersey
- MVC Inspection Center of Freehold, Freehold, New Jersey
- New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission, Newark, New Jersey
- New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission, Bayonne, New Jersey
- DMV Hazlet NJ, Hazlet, New Jersey
- Mvc Inspection Center, Ringoes, East Amwell Township
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in South Brunswick Township where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Dayton you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state or city