Here you have all the information you are looking for about Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. It is located at the following address: 2814 E Hillsborough Ave #1/2, Tampa, FL 33610, United States, in the city of Florida.
- Monday: 8AM to 4:15PM
- Tuesday: 8AM to 4:15PM
- Wednesday: 9AM to 4:15PM
- Thursday: 8AM to 4:15PM
- Friday: 8AM to 4:15PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
- Cara Boothe: They were absolutely amazing and helpful and knew I was nervous and stated it was ok and helped me to feel more confident
- Emaniel Joseph: Great looking course
- Vernell Aaria: Organized, short wait time between hours of 9 am & 12 noon. Clerks are cordial, informative & patient. Especially Warren.
- Chrisshanna Shorter: Very clean… Staff very polite
- Abu Yazan: They don’t accept walk in service, even they’re not busy. You feel the guards she is the location manager. She is very tough and rude with the customer.
- Robert Segal: After calling and make an appointment they ushered me in in a safe area felt clean got my certificate processed in a timely manner by Robert. I will look forward to seeing them next year.
- Yannine Chary: Place was BS went foe a Driver’s Test Scheduled a Driver’s Test and since I was given the wrong Number they couldn’t accommodate me…I hate this place!
- McGruff The Crime Dog: We had an appointment. Walked in, checked in, and got called when it was time for our appointment. They were fast and friendly. Good experience.
- RuBen Yahweh: Every line i call is automated and the the call is dropped when trying to transfer to agent. We are being programmed into accepting a digital world with no human sense or feel. Do u know that the first apple computer sold for $666. Bill …
- Library Lady: I recently moved to FL from VA and went to the office in the Clay county administrative building in Green Cove Springs to get my FL license and tags. I was impressed with how quick and friendly service was com[pared to VA, where the DMV is …
- Manuel Rodriguez: Very organized. Went smoothly!!!
- Patricia Williams: Everyone here was so very friendly I couldn’t believe it for a DMV 😇😇. Especially security, the lady who inspected our car for my 18 year old daughter taking her driving test, the lady who moderated the test and the lady who checked us out after the test. Very clean and fresh facility also.
- Daniel Becker: I tried to renew my driver’s license on line but the software is haywire and does not accept my social security number. I know my social security number. I have had it since I joined the army in 1961. Hire my wife! She can write software for huge data bases. She will fix your problem.
- Michelle Sears: Quick and very efficient!
- Sezmo Forsyth: They are nice people here and try to be as efficient as the bureaucracy allows them to be.
- Luis Garcia: I was literally on the phone trying to figure out if I have to set up an appointment so I can transfer my license and whoever Karen was that answered my phone hung up on my face after I was on hold for a whole hour.
- S R: Wow! At first, I was hesitant to drive all the way to Tampa location from Apollo Beach, as the Ruskin location was much closer to me. I was thinking that going to Ruskin would be more convenient; however, I took a chance looking online and …
- Scott Merrick: My 16 year old son this morning went for his road test (has been driving a full year on a permit) and when the tester followed my son to his car which is an Audi she said under her breath rich little white boy. Then was rude the whole test, …
- Andras Bibok: You need SEPARATE appointment for the computer test & driving test, although it was not necessary earlier. This is something new, and it was NOT mentioned on the website, nor were I told by team member on phone (2 weeks prior appointment). …
- Svetlana E: Wow! What an amazing experience at the DMV! Passing written and driving tests in 2 hours. Great service and friendly staff.
- Alain Martin: Excellent service
- Demetrial Cooper: In and out with appointment
- Rodney Eten: Great customer service.
- Lynette Garnett: I went here a couple of weeks ago because my daughter needed to do her road test. We had tried scheduling at other locations and hadn’t considered coming to this one because of all the negative reviews and the heresay, but eventually we …
- Charlyn Canady: Going in circles trying to make an appointment
- Scott Johnson: The DMV on waters was much larger and nicer, they treat people like cattle at this new location and the wait it’s hours long Not sure why they would build a new center that is slower and smaller
- Maenell Means: I went to this location with my grandson who simply wanted his learners permit. Although he was unable to get his permit, we were there 2 hours — because of “a problem “ with their computer system in Tallahassee. I can understand problems …
- Madalyn Shughart: I can not stress enough to make an appointment. Minimal wait time if you do your homework by calling first to make sure to ou have everything you need to process your transaction.
- Robert Breen: This website is a disgrace to the residents of Florida and the hardworking staff manning the desks at DMV locations. Users can’t help but be frustrated when filling in the blanks with requested information. When I click on the “next” box, …
- Eugenia Murray-McGinnis: Friendly reception, a ton of people and the wait was only about a half hour and the woman that took care of me was friendly, efficient and patient with me (I didnt have all the info I needed so had to actually search emails for it).
- Grenda Thebrave: Horrible experience,would not under any circumstances recommend. Forced to wait 6 hours because of a mistake they were unwilling to admit to. Worst place imaginable.
- Lee Back: I am appalled that DMV sells my information to telemarketers. This is the most ridiculous absurd thing I have ever heard of. The people should be punished for this practice. The only reason I give them one star is because you are unable to post unless you give them a star.
- Jax Baggett: Awful. Longest wait ever. Still waiting for an 11:00 appointment at 4:41.
- just me: Very crowded small and slow but friendly 1 hour wait, 😥
- Sandra Bryan: Was treated very rudely due to asking questions cause I was born in Germany he did not want to check the system I had a fl license in the past were I did not have to pay $50 to proof I’m American citizen and I had my dd214 were I served in the USARMY it was a very bad experience and he said he was the supervisor when I asked for one.
- Norma Tempest: People are very rude, so disappointing.
- Rose Green: used to be full service, but now learners permits & driving tests only. turn out most other things can be done online anyway nowadays, if u wanna skip the traffic, lines & hassles.
- Ro Leak: We made an appointment for 10:15 and waited 2 hours just to not get called and people came in after us and got in and out and we had an appointment and never got called in not sure who’s running this location but they are obviously running it into the dirt.
- Christina Sanders: Website says they do tag renewal when we got there we were told they don’t do that.
- Iam Kyle: They are really really slow, I have been waiting for almost two hours for something that should have taken only 20-30 minutes. I don’t think I will ever use this location again.
- Drivers Licenses Division, Clearwater, Florida
- DMV Bureau of Administrative Reviews, Tampa, Florida
- Florida MV Express Kiosk, Tampa, Florida
- Florida MV Express Kiosk, Lakeland, Florida
- Florida DMV, Lutz, Florida
- Lakeland Motor Vehicle and Driver License Services, Lakeland, Florida
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in Florida where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Tampa you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state or city