Here you have all the information you are looking for about North Carolina DMV Drivers License Office. It is located at the following address: 2560 W Franklin Blvd, Gastonia, NC 28052, United States, in the city of North Carolina.
- Monday: 9AM to 5PM
- Tuesday: 9AM to 5PM
- Wednesday: 9AM to 5PM
- Thursday: 8AM to 5PM
- Friday: 8AM to 5PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
- Dianna Nichols: Convenient and Fast. The employees are overly patient and polite. They are culturally diverse and understand the community in which they assist with DMV of NC paperwork and skills. Even in a PANDEMIC.
- Robert Pogorzelski: As of February 2021 you MUST have an appointment which you make online!!! They will give you an appointment right then. Average wait time is a month.then when you get there for your appointment bring your patience ,do to social distancing …
- Wendy Nichols: Gastonia DMV are the nicest people I have met in a long time. Very helpful and customer friendly. Thank you for putting my daughter at such ease while taking her permit test.
- Deana Taylor: I really like the new system.. 👍 #1.. Line moves fast. #2.. Not crowded. #3.. In and out.
- Tucker Harbour: Fast appointment in the morning. Sit in non-blue-taped chairs if it isn’t communicated by the officer. Bring your documentation because you will be turned away.
- Barry Kanter: Really sad, made an appointment two months in advance for my deaf fiance who’s had two strokes over the past year as well as being deaf but because I didn’t have a confirmation number she was turned away after waiting outside on line for 45 minutes where she almost passed out.wonderful way to treat the disabled.
- JAIME ESQUIVEL: Surprinsigly nice experience at this office. Very nice people, smooth process.
- Belia Chen: Moved to Gastonia about a month ago. Made appointment with DMV this location for 8.30 AM. The soonest appointment time is today. So I took it. Went there today and arrived around 8.20 AM, plenty of people waiting outside in the line. Was …
- CARY BRIGMAN: Had no problems getting in. Slow waiting but mission accomplished
- Liliana Salcido: My son came here to get his driver’s eligibility certificate and he had all the required documents that are stated in the website. He goes up to the man to get it and shows him the documents and he says that the report has to be sealed in …
- Todai Tamoirra: I really think it could be better organized than what it was. Truly wish things were back as they were and with the direction of the DMV in Gastonia I really hate these times. They were so unorganized!
- Joseph Serrano: The tall older man was rushing me to get out my documents for my permit and I had a appointment like a month in advance and I have all documents required that it says on the site.
- Joann Tucker: Horrible, I’ll never go to this DMV again. Had a 12:50pm (DURING COVID) appointment for my daughter to get a simple ID. They were taking groups of 4 and not by appointment times. After I said something about it they decided to start pulling …
- Ethan Carson: The guy at the door literally screamed at my wife until she cried. Thanks you “ public servant “ I hope you get fired. You are an awful human being and I would never recommend this DMV for any reason. This was truly horrible experience. I hope that the DMV takes responsibility for the actions of their employees.
- Wanda Broughton: With appointment it was simple n quick waiting time. They were super nice to us. The gentleman at desk was very helpful n nice.
- André Alford: This location has no sense of organization at all. I called for 3 hrs prior to going up there, due to the information I was seeking wasn’t online. When I did go up there, not one staff member even glanced at the ringing telephone before …
- Brandy Crosby: I was in and out in 5 mins. Very nice and helpful!
- Saadiyaisme: Honestly This DMV never answers the phone and even during this COVID-19 it’s only a little bit of people welcomed in at a time and they still don’t answer the phone, never tells you anything to bring until you get there and don’t have it …
- Joshua Escatell: The employees were helpful and understanding, but the laws, fees, and fines just makes me a revenue slave to a tyrannical failed system. 200$ just to get my CDL switched to a different state. Its unreasonable.
- Ronda Watts: Appointment for my son was at 3:15…it’s 4:15 now still here waiting to renew license..it’s always a joke to come here and the tag office!!!
- Sapiente S: I wish you guys explain ahead to the crowd outside all the rules for standing in lines (or someone controlling it outside like in Charlotte). A white middle aged man was very aggressive today (6.30.20, 9am) switching lines yelling at me …
- Kim Compton: Everyone was friendly. I had an appointment so time was quickly. They were cleaning up after each person left the window.
- Lindsay Swift: Went during covid protocols so had to schedule an appointment online. Everyone was super sweet and I was in and out within 30 minutes. As much as anyone hates visiting the DMV this was a very pleasant experience.
- Dennis Heffner: Took my grandson today to get his permit, i had a reservation for 3:50pm, we got in before then and everyone was super, it was really nice, he only missed 1 question. Way to go Trace!!!
- Patricia Quickel: So organized and a very quick visit. The fastest ever. I did have an appointment. Everyone was so nice!!!
- Badbabytt: I have been tryna make an appointment for a good week now and no one answers the phone and the stuff online isn’t right so that doesn’t make it any better
- Stacey boyd: Extremely rude, loud and unprofessional manager and employees, made my appointment and had my documents but still felt like I was jumping through hoops. They don’t listen. Custer service is awful.
- Suzanne Nash: You have to make an appt but I can’t find where to do it on line!
- Dennis Hardin: Horrible just horrible service rude people just a bad dmv overall
- Scott G: Good luck here.
- 유유: Horrible, Terrible. Really really bad. He doesn’t wear a mask and he cough in front of me. his clothes are so dirty. he’s really not kind. bald head, tall man is really bad.
- Pam Schwab: Quick and friendly staff! Great experience!
- Gwen Walker: By far the most disrespectful staff I have encountered anywhere in my life
- mary lowery: Very disappointed. Had to visit several times due to each time was informed would need different documents for real id and name change. Finally got Real id in March 2020 and have not received Real id as of April 2020. Had to order a duplicate due to having to have.
- Monique Ponte: All associates were very polite and the process was very speedy
- GraphicGreg life: Called these little kids 5 times. No answer M-F
- katrina bituin: Very organized and very friendly staff!
- Taquina Darby: Just a little slow cause of covid requirements
- Jaclyn Blackmer: Had to make an appointment for appointment only… only thing available was a month and a half out, then get to the appointment and am waiting outside in 40 degree weather with 8 others and more inside for them to see me for a scheduled appointment over an hour later. Unacceptable management of scheduling and time.
- Jill Crowe: No need for an appointment because they obviously don’t matter. We drove an hour to get there and can’t even get in the door.
- Transportation Department, Charlotte, North Carolina
- DMV Vehicle Registration & Renewal, Charlotte, North Carolina
- NC DMV Tag Office, Charlotte, North Carolina
- North Carolina DMV, Huntersville, North Carolina
- Charlotte University City Driver License Office, Charlotte, North Carolina
- SCDMV Rock Hill, Rock Hill, South Carolina
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: North Carolina DMV Drivers License Office
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in North Carolina where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Gastonia you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state or city