Here you have all the information you are looking for about Texas Department of Public Safety. It is located at the following address: 6425 S IH 35 Frontage Rd #180, Austin, TX 78744, United States, in the city of Texas.
- Monday: 7AM to 7PM
- Tuesday: 7AM to 7PM
- Wednesday: 7AM to 7PM
- Thursday: 7AM to 7PM
- Friday: 7AM to 5:30PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
- Iain Galloway: At first I was a bit surprised/concerned about having to make an appointment so far in advance. But after actually going through the experience it was way better than years ago when I first got my driver’s license. There was lots of clear …
- DEEPAK KUMAR: Quick service ,friendly staff and fast processing. Appointment is mandatory prior visit and once in, you need to check out the token and await for your turn. I have attached the current open hours for ref. In case of any questions in …
- Jeff Nace: Definition of appointment: noun – an arrangement to meet someone at a particular time and place. TDPS Definition: an arranged time where we give you the privilege to wait for several hours before we appoint someone to service you. Yes, …
- Merci Lim: It was all very well organized and thankfully still following Covid-19 mask and social distancing protocols. Sheila who was managing the line outside was very gracious and helpful to everyone including to those who didn’t have an …
- George P. Macklin: I’m apparently going against the grain here but this was a breeze. My wife and I setup appointments online weeks in advance. Super simple and no hassle. Walked in the door with all of my documents ready. Temp checked and a few simple …
- John Espiritu: For those of you interested in trying your hand at a walk-in appointment, here is my experience. I arrived at 7:15am on Wednesday 11/18/20(they open at 8am), and there were already 10-12 people lined up outside. I would say they take …
- Tejo Madala: By appointment only which helps public to get their work done quickly. Much better than walk-ins only. During walk-ins wait times were anywhere between 2-3 hrs and sometimes even more
- Judy A: We were let in the building at our appointment time and after a few minutes of sitting, were directed to cubicle #3. Vanessa R helped us, she was friendly, kind and thorough. We were pleasantly surprised that the whole experience was easy and that the DPS employee was so good to deal with.
- Daniel Ram: Highly recommend to get your DL here. Nice customer service. Overall a positive experience. Social distancing was being followed throughout the process. The front desk employees kept the chairs and frequently used items sanitized.
- Carmen Lovely: Get there early, have all documents follow the instructions given and it will go smooth and quick!! Sweet courteous staff ❤
- Christina L. Hernandez: First of all. I had an appointment set for this morning. I get here and they can’t find it. It’s ok cause they still gave me an appointment for 12:05. I arrive at 11:40 it’s 12:45 my appointment was at 12:05 and I’m still sitting here waiting. WHAT THE HELL IS THE USE FOR AN APPOINTMENT?
- Hannah Sheridan: Made and appointment online and arrived with all required documents listed on the website. The process was smooth from the moment I walked through the door. Sheila processed my paperwork and although there was a minor issue with the …
- Dan Holzrichter: very irritating. worker was very nice but the way they now make you get appointments is really slow
- greg bratby: Good experience with the guy working the line. Forgot to ask his name but he was very professional, knowledgeable, friendly and cool headed doing a very difficult job.
- Naomi Patnaude: I arrived at 7:30am for my 8:05am appointment and MUCH to my surprise, I was in and out before my scheduled appointment time! Only downside was that the system makes you wait until exactly 30 minutes prior to be able to check-in, but the …
- Antonio Benitez: Poorly setup. Appointments don’t mean anything and they are purposely misleading. Have to pay multiple fees for one license.
- Noel Quintanilla: It was good. These appointments may be better
- Shahriar Ferdous: I really appreciate the services provided by all the staff at this DPS location. Proper social distancing was maintained, COVID protocols were followed, and, they also checked temperatures for everyone outside in line. Special thanks to …
- Lamesha Walker: Very pleased with customer service all around. My son was there to get his first DL & clerk walked him through the process with pleasure. Thank you for your great work & keep cleaning & screening Covid-19 restrictions are in place.
- Laura McDonough: While I was disappointed to have to wait in line for 25 minutes before getting into the lobby (we were on time for an appointment), the staff working today seemed unbelievably helpful. This was not my experience the previous week in …
- Ricardo Paz: My appointment was at 8:15 then there was a linea I was on time but I have to wait for loke 20 minutes o something i got in everything fine I was missing one bill they gave me 30 minutes to go back and look for with the fact that I waited …
- Nolan W.: Phone number on google for this address goes straight to dial tone. has been this way for MONTHS. useless, just like the texas department of motor vehicles. absolutely ridiculous.
- Adam Fisher: The thermometer kid guarding the door didn’t explain the appointment system to me and the document check lady failed to explain it also. I sat in the waiting area with the feeling I missed some information. When I went to ask how the system …
- Omer Hewlett: It’s one of the best establishments in Texas ,i feel safe they are always updating their equipment and the integrity of the DPS Officers is above and beyond their call of duty! Thank God for our DPS OFFICERS AND STAFF
- Patrick Alvarado: So I just wanted to let you know, I have changed my rating. I was very angry about the whole process and that was not fair. The folks who helped me went out of their way to make me happy. Credit is due. Thank you.
- Wendy Ellis-Chavez: South Austin location. Surprisingly quick and easy processing for driver’s license renewal. Staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Make sure to book ahead and check-in from your phone 30 minutes ahead to get a place in line. Also helps to have form filled out prior to arrival.
- abiodun ayangbayi: I heard a pleasant experience at the Texas Department of Public Safety today. The translation was fast and good. Keep it up 👍
- Rebecca Guzman: Helpful, respectful, right information. DPS.
- Sean McGuire: How much can you really like the driver’s license office? They are fairly quick, so that’s good…
- Bea: With an appointment, the process went so smooth. The staff was very helpful and courteous. We were in and out in less than 10 minutes. Excellent!!
- Ricardo Torres: Service on point . Everyone was very polite and professional .
- Denise Hartsfield: No wait times, you need an appointment though. Very helpful friendly staff.
- Colleen Josey: I talked with 3 people and They were. Very helpful and nice.
- piyush agarwal: The staff is very courteous and helpful. They are taking good social distancing measures and taking all precautions. Appreciate their work.
- Fred Donaldson: they’re 15 minute parking spots right in front of it and there’s parking all around further away the lines aren’t really that long but I think you need an appointment
- Anthony Hestand: With the appointment it was quick and staff was super friendly.
- bahaeddin Fouddah radwan: Never help in Any case I was there 3 tiemes and never help me to get my license always there’s something missing If you want to have your ID just go to north Lamar office you will have it in the same day
- Steve Fox: Great experience. Fast service and very helpful
- Diane Heitmann: Although they are being safe, I wish they would make appointments for people who don’t have access to wifi instead of telling them they would have to take a chance and stand in line and hope they are lucky enough to get in that day
- omar nieto: Fast efficient overall the process is better with the appointment set up instead of waiting for hours.
- TxDMV Austin Regional Service Center, Austin, Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety, Bastrop, Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety, Austin, Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety: Motor Carrier Bureau, Austin, Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety Driver License Mega Center, Pflugerville, Texas
- Texas Department Of Transportation, Bastrop, Texas
You can scan this qr code to send the information to your phone.
What can I do in this office?
- Driver´s license.
- Identification cards.
- CDL Written.
- CDL Driving.
- Make an appointment.
- License reneval.
- Permit test.
- Real ID.
Photo of the exterior: Texas Department of Public Safety
Functions of the department of motor vehicles
DMV offices have many functions. If you are a driver (or want to be one), going to one of these offices will be something you will have to do at some point in your life.
For example, one of the most popular functions is to renew your driver’s license. It’s a simple procedure, where you may be asked to take a health test to make sure you are fully fit to drive. It is also a place where people go to get their license. To do so, they will have to pass a theoretical and practical test.
In case you buy a vehicle, you will have to go to register it in your name. This procedure is also done if there is a purchase between individuals, that is, if someone sells their vehicle and you buy it, you will have to go and pay a small fee.
License plates must also be handled here. Whether it is to give you a permanent license plate or a temporary tag, you should ask for information if you buy a car or motorcycle.
In general, DMV offices are designed to handle everything that has to do with motor vehicle paperwork. There are a multitude of offices in Texas where you can carry out all the formalities you need. In addition, in Austin you can request an appointment online if necessary, as well as pay fees and other expenses without having to go anywhere.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is located throughout the United States. The people who work there will be able to answer your questions or suggestions in case you have any problems, and surely in a very short time you can have everything you need to drive safely and within the law.
Search other offices by state or city